Chapter Two: Feeling Adventurous

We talked for a while, her name was Marina. She told me about herself, how her parents came here from India because they were burdened with poverty and how they were able to make their living abroad. Running their business and raising their daughter.

She sung in clubs for a quick fix. She told me that her voice was the only useful thing about her. she offered me a cigarette, I took it and she lit it. She laid back on my bed. It was only small but we fit comfortably. She asked me if I'd tell anyone that she was here. I told her I wouldn't dream of it. She smiled at me and put her cigarette out. She was very thin, but not in an unhealthy way. She rolled over and snuggled up beside me. Her hand went down to my thigh, she stroked in gently. I put mine out and settled in under the covers also. We were looking into each other's eyes, not saying anything. "What is your name anyway?" She asked me

"Robin," I replied.

She rested her head on my chest and started humming a song to herself, I listened closely, trying to identify the song. It was Only Living Boy in New York by Simon and Garfunkel. A song I remember well from when I was much younger. Car trips with my father usually featured a Simon and Garfunkel cassette, sometimes I'd but their records on at night to help me fall asleep. I hummed along with her until the song was over. We were silent for a while before she sat up.

She looked me deep in the eyes and asked, "Are you feeling adventurous?"
"Uh," I hesitated. What was that supposed to mean? "I suppose so."

****

She relaxed into the bed as kissed her neck. Her legs were wrapped around my torso, pulling her closer when I withdrew, then pushing towards the bed as I went in again. She cupped my head in her hands and kissed me passionately. I started to wonder where Kit had gone. It had been over an hour now and he still hadn't returned. Not that I wanted him to return at the moment. I would need to finish up here first of course. I realised that this was not the time to be thinking about tKit. I felt myself blush as I realised this. I felt Marina tremble from underneath me, I looked down at her, she had a smile on her face as I started to slow it down a bit. When she'd finished she beckoned me to do the same. It stung when I did. I felt myself run dry, I collapsed into the bed beside her.

Marina excused herself to go to the bathroom. I felt so guilty but so happy. My body was relaxed, practically in heaven. But my mind was panicking, running around screaming. I tried to send it the message that everything is fine, what I did was perfectly fine. But I wouldn't listen to myself. I never listen.
Marina came out of the bathroom and began to get dressed. "What's going to happen now?" I asked her.
She shrugged

"Only time will tell," she teased. "I'll let you get back to sleep."

"Why did you come here?" I asked.
She smiled. "I wanted an adventure." She put her t-shirt over her head and slipped her arms through.

"Did you get what you were looking for?"

"I hope so." She left my room, pulling the door closed behind her.