Deus

Clash 

Clash 

Clank

"hah.... hah.... hah...." The red eyed boy flopped down on the ground.

Deus retracted back his electricity and folded his arms as he stares at the boy. 

"enough, you were quite slow, your aims and thoughts are correct but the way you execute it reveals your plans. It would have been alright for your moves to be obvious, only if you weren't so weak."

The boy groans as he sat up on the ground frowning, "then why don't you tell me how exactly I should carry out?"

"I don't just say how it should be done, you are soo clumsy and obvious, no use to teach ya how" Deus said rolling his eyes with a teasing grin.

This irked Cale and made him throw his knife towards the male, to which he dodged easily. 

"see what I mean?" 

"hmph, Father said to teach us get stronger, not insult us right in our faces!!" Cale yell pointing at the grown up.

"what you mean'us'?? nop, just you."

Cale took off his shoe and threw it towards the male, "Meanie!!"

Deus chuckled as he catches the shoe with ease.

"look, there are various of possible ways to fight for all I know, but let me give you a piece of advice, find your own fighting style. not everyone is suited for the same style, some would do better in ambushing, planning, manipulating or making and using poisons but not all could be good at the same thing. so I suggest you first look for yours." Deus said.

this honestly surprised the child as this was the first time Deus gave an advice, not to mention, an advice without it being an insult or sounding stupid. 

"... wow, I never knew pops could say such wise words" Cale said in disbelief.

and Deus being Deus, he took that as a complement and said pridefully, "of course! I am so smart that you never expected that! ahahaha!!"

Cale sweat dropped at his reaction. he then shook his head and then spoke, "I'll take your advice, I'll be going now. see you pops." Cale said turning away from him and was about to walk away when he felt a pair of hand carry him making him yelp.

Deus took him and placed him on his shoulder, as he spoke with a large grin, "You know what? since I am in a very good mood today, I'll be carrying ya!"

Cale's eyes sparkled as he threw his hands up "yay!!", he was sitting on the male's shoulder, hands on his hair.

"hah! pops is soooo strong and wise!~" Cale praised, boosting the male's ego.

"of course I am!! if not then why should I be training ya!" the male grinned walking in the halls.

"yep yippy!!"

the two father-son duo kept on talking in loud voices. the gray haired male went out of his room and encountered a noisy duo making him look at them with serious expression, the two noticed this and immediately stopped and quiet down. 

"I may assume your training has finished?" the gray haired male said.

"yes." Cale answered

"oh really? because from what I see, you seem hardly tired from training, like you never even did any, are you sure that your training was harsh, Deus?" Nergal said with piercing gaze towards the two.

"I did.. hey! it's not like I'd go easy for some weakling!!"

"huh, then I sure hope that's true. we can't afford some weakling to wander outside."

Nergal said before returning back inside his room.

"hmph. he is so strict, can't even handle a little fun.." Cale said in a quiet voice to only where Deus could hear.

Deus nodded along with him as he continued walking with the child on his shoulder. "right?"