chapter 21

It was finally the day we left for nationals, somehow we managed to keep everyone in the dark about our relationship. I don't think either of us were trying to keep it a secret but it just felt silly to announce it.

Also Niragi and the bartender guy ended up having to go to the hospital because of the chilli burns. I don't understand why they continued using everything in their room without checking it. Their own faults for being stupid.

"If you don't sit with me on the coach i will kill you" I tell Chishiya as we chuck our bags onto the coach compartment store.

"What if I want to sit with Arisu" Chishiya says sarcastically.

"You have fun with that, i'm sure you'll want to listen to him talk about video games for 12 hours" I tell him

"I don't talk about video games that much" Arisu says, seeming to question himself altogether

"No no of course not" I reassure him tapping him on his shoulder.

"Actually the seats are in threes so I think we should be fine" Arisu says before dumping his bag in the compartment store.

"Gosh what a shame" Chishiya says with as little charisma as usual.

An hour in, and I wanted to jump out of the window. I had no idea coaches were so boring. And i wanted to sleep but every time i tried i just couldn't manage it. Chishiya had been watching me for a while i could tell, he'd let me read with him earlier but I soon became tired of it. He was reading Dante's Inferno, i'd read it enough times for it to become boring.

"Since when are you an insomniac" He asks me quietly, over half the coach was asleep.

"I don't know I just can't sleep no matter how much I try" I complain pissed that Arisu had managed to sleep like a baby 10 minutes after we set off.

He shuffles in his pocket and pulls out a small bottle of pills.

"Want one" He asks opening the bottle "It'll help you sleep"

I hold my hand out eagerly, fully ready to swallow it dry. The pill was easy to swallow and I now had to wait for it to take effect. I shuffled around in my seat before lying down on Chishiya legs, my body facing his instead of the seats. After a few minutes I started to feel myself become drowsy.

Chishiya's pov:

As soon as I felt her heart rate slow, I knew she was asleep. We were in the beginning of february and I didn't want her to catch a cold. There was heating inside of the coach but you can never be too sure. Carefully, and quietly I removed my jacket and draped it over her body.

She looked so pretty and peaceful when she wasn't cussing someone out, or being stupendously sarcastic towards someone. She looked beautiful when she did those.

"You have a thing for her?" Arisu asks me, I hadn't even noticed he was awake. He seemed to be flat out unconscious last time I checked.

"We've been dating for a week" I tell him picking my book back up not really in the mood to talk. I obviously left out the period of just fucking.

"A week? Really, i thought longer" He tells me surprised.

Sometimes i forget he used to be number two.

"Maybe we should go on a double date!" Arisu exclaims quietly

"Maybe we shouldn't" I say tapping his hand before going back to read Dante's Inferno.

"I'll ask Mitchiko instead, she's much nicer than you are" He huffs childishly.

She'd probably agree to it