Chapter 1

~A drop in the ocean, A change in the weather, I was praying that you and me might end up together~

I sat in my car, blasting "Thnks fr th mmrs". I sigh, and pull down my sunglasses from my head onto my eyes, the blazing hot sun beaming onto me. Eventually as the song comes to an end, I pull out my keys, and grab my backpack, getting out of the car.

I walk into Starbucks and don't bother ordering my usual black coffee. I sit down at a table by myself, and pull out my phone. I go through my text messages and respond to a few, but ignore the rest. I open my "ESPN" app, and smirk as I see my brackets are doing well. I read through some recent articles, "LEBRON JAMES LOSING HIS STREAK?" "THE PISTONS FIGHT BACK". I watch the bartender walk over to me. "Excuse me sir, but we are closing now." He says slightly annoyed but keeping his cool. I nod, and gather my things, walking out.

I pull up my hood to protect me from the rain. I get into my car quickly, put my keys into the engine and start to drive away. I stop at a red light, and look out the window. A teenage girl runs up to me, her blonde hair soaked in the rain. She knocks on my window gently. I roll down my window quickly, looking at her confused. "I saw that you go to my school. I've seen you around. You are in my BIOLOGY class." She says quickly. I shake my head confused. "Okay...."
I say. "...So you aren't technically a stranger. I need a ride home. My house is a few miles away, but it's starting to thunder, and I'm soaking wet." she pleads. I grunt, and reach over opening my other door for her. "Get in fast." I order.

She smiles relived and gets in. "Thank you, I really appreci-" she starts but I hold up my hand. "Don't. I hate thank you's." I say. "So where do you live?" I ask. "Fort Brag. I'll show you the subdivision when we get there." She says. I nod and keep driving silently. "By the way," she starts turning towards me- offering me her hand to shake, "I'm Rebecca." I side glance at her and mentally scoff. "Jonas." I say and keep my eyes on the road, ignoring her hand.

•CHAPTER 1•