' Zim Zimmerman?.. '

In high skool

In high skool...

No one's POV;

Zim and Dib both had the same class... Well, twice... But back then they'd fight about being in the same classes. Even taking it a bit too far by threatening a teacher, earning him detention. But now, they basically don't care anymore and just think they're acquaintances.
They were heading to their first period in high skool (the class they share).

"Hey Dib-Stink" Zim snickered.

"Ohh noo not the allieeeen" Dib said jokingly.

They both chuckled lightly from their memories when they were little.
They headed into class, Sitting in their normal seats. They sat together which they didn't mind since Zim would cheat off of Dib's paper if there is ever a test or copy something off of Dib's homework if he didn't know it or didn't finish it, Dib didn't really care when Zim cheated since he knows Zim barely knows a lot about the human world.

"Okay... So in 2 days we'll be having a field trip to Niagara falls." The teacher seemed so cheery.

Everyone in class was hyped except for Zim...

"What's.... 'Niagara falls'?" Zim asked Dib.

"It's a waterfall that people really like! Trust me I think you'll like it!" Dib answered eagerly.

"... But water burns my skin..." Zim mumbled to Dib.

"Oh yeah.... Don't worry they give you a raincoat!" Dib smiled.

"O... Okay... But is it scary?" Zim worryingly said.

"Not really. Most people find it fun, relaxing, or cool I guess... " Dib said trying to comfort him a little.

"Okay... " Zim said.

The teacher spoke yet again.

"OH AND WE'LL BE GOING TO THE MAID OF THE MIST! Just let your parents sign these papers and this other paper you give to us for what you wanna order" The teacher said handing everyone 2 papers.

As soon as she gave Zim and Dib one Zim looked a bit scared.

"What is this... Type of Human food? " Zim asked Dib

"They're pretty good Zim... But it depends what can kill you. What do you know can?" Dib asked concerningly.

"Well... I cant eat anything with watery sauce since water burns... Possibly not pasta then. I can eat chicken strips and hamburgers technically.. And drinks I can't have lemonade since it's basically water and lemons... Pop is fine.." Zim said sort of ranting.

"I mean... At least you can eat some stuff there" Dib said.

"Yea..." Zim answered sort of frowning.

"What's wrong?" Dib asked.

"It's just.. 2 days? I got to fill out the paperwork because I don't have real 'parents'.. You know that by now. But I also gotta take care of Gir." Zim responded.

"Zim, We're not visiting there for two days. It's just in two days we go plus i can sign it for you.. I'm pretty good at cursive" Dib answered caringly.

Zim warmly smiled and gave the paper to Dib, Dib smiled back and wrote a fake name on the signature.

"What's your last name? I've never heard it before but I need it for the signature..." Dib asked.

"Irkens don't have last names..." Zim mumbled to Dib.

"Oh... I can just make up one?" Dib asked.

"Sure...?" Zim answered.

"How does Zimmerman sound?" Dib questioned.

"So my full name would be Zim Zimmerman?... Sounds nice I guess I wouldn't mind the sorta name repeat" Zim answered.

"Mhm.. I still don't get how you got through middle skool without a last name" Dib snickered.

"I don't know either, to be honest. " Zim answered.

Dib handed the signed paper to Zim while Zim filled out his "allergies" on the page. While Dib makes a fake signature for his "mom" since Professed Membrane died sadly (Go to headcanons to figure out why). The paper needed a phone number so Dib just used his homeline phone and Zim used his own. They kept the paper for the parents since it'd be sketchy to give it already with a signature plus they have 2 days.

☆࿐ཽ༵༆༒Time skip ༒༆࿐ཽ༵☆

The bell rung, finally Zim and Dib are out of the hellhole they call "skool".

"Hey Zim.. Is it okay if I walk you home?" Dib asked a bit red from the question he was asking.

"Uhh... Why? We live sort of close to each other.." Zim questioned.

"I just thought it'd be nice to.." Dib answered.

"Fine.. You can walk me home" Zim rolled his eyes.

Another timeskip..

As soon as they went to Zim's house Gir ran out and hugged Dib randomly.

"DOROTHY!!" Gir screamed out.

"Hey there Gir" Dib snickered while hugging back.

"What are you two doing..?" Zim asked.

"Hugging, Do irkens not do that?" Dib asked.

"This is my first time hearing about a 'hug' .... Seems interesting." Zim answered truthfully.

"It's how humans show friends affection basically or it's a friendly gesture." Dib said while putting Gir off of him gently.

"Can you try it on me...?" Zim asked.

"S... Sure" Dib blushed a little.

Dib went to go hug Zim softly, Zim was surprised at first and hugged back.

"This feels... Nice." Zim said. "Although, you are a bit too tall."

Zim had to admit Dib got taller over the years, he's now 6'0 while Zim is 5'10.

"Thanks" Dib lightly chuckled while letting Zim go.

"No, Thank you for walking me home... I guess" Zim mumbled while letting go of Dib. "See you tomorrow Dib-Stink!" He chuckled.

"See you later Irken" Dib snickered.

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ ❀ ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

904 words :))
AN; Hii, hope you're enjoying the story so far. To be honest this is longer then what i usually write <3

But rn im sleepy so I might not post on the same day but I'll post another chapter tmrw!