The Beginning

"Hey Kid, you ready?" My dad called from outside the hotel bathroom door.

"Yea, I'm coming!" I chimed.

I loved going with my dad to matches. Whenever he and Rey had matches the same night, I got to see Dominik, and of course I got to see my dad fight. My dad and I hopped into the car and drove to the arena. Tonight's match was being held in Toronto, mine and my dad's hometown. We arrived at the arena and were immediately surrounded by the press. I already knew to stay in the car until he got out so he could fend off all the people. He opened my door and put me on his shoulders to ensure that I was safe. We quickly hurried into the stadium and went to the dressing rooms. My dad set me down so that he could say his hellos to everyone.

"Rey, great to see you" My dad said, giving him a fist bump.

"As to see you, Edge" he said returning the gesture.

"Dom!!" I yelled running to hug him.

Dom was 3 years older than me, 15, so naturally I had the BIGGEST crush on him.

"What's up Lils" He smiled down at me.

I could see Rey and my dad smiling at the sight of us getting along so well. I had let go of Dom and we were now sitting on the couch in the dressing room where we usually sat to watch the matches, when suddenly the door opened. It was Beth, my dad's girlfriend.

"Beth!" I yelled running up to her.

"Hey sweetie," She smiled.

"Rey, Edge, you guys are on in 1 minute" She spoke as I ran back to the couch.

My dad walked over to me and kissed me on the forehead before showing me the lucky bracelet that I had made him almost 7 years ago and that he had worn in every match. He didn't always win with it, but it was a way for him to know that I was watching his every move.

"Good Luck!" I called as they walked out.

Dom and I watched the matches, and it went on like that for the rest of the year until Beth became pregnant. I stopped going to matches with my dad so that I could keep Beth company and make sure that she was ok. On December 12th of 2013, Beth gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Lyric Rose Copeland. Even after she had given birth, I still wasn't able to attend matches, because I had to watch Lyric while Beth went back to fighting. While I was staying home babysitting, I was training, training to follow the path that my father had laid down for me. I had been working out and training since the age of 10. In May of 2016, Beth gave birth again to another baby girl, Ruby Ever Copeland. And once again I was babysitting, but now I was 16, my training was finally going towards something. I had joined my school's wrestling team. And let's just say that both my dad and Beth were absolutely thrilled at my decision. My mother, Alannah Morely, was not so thrilled. She wasn't happy when I made the choice to live with my father when they divorced, she wasn't happy when I decided I no longer wanted to have visitations as much with her anymore, and she definitely wasn't happy that I was choosing to follow in my fathers footsteps. 2 years later I moved out and decided to move to L.A. I constantly went to the gym and trained every chance I got. I kept training for about 5 years, until I finally decided it was the right time to call me dad. I hit the call button and waited while it rang.

"Hey Kiddo, what's up?" He questioned.

I heard Beth asking if everything was okay, sounding a bit concerned.

"Hey, I think it's time I finally sign up," I said.

"Alright, how do I facetime so I can help you do this?" He said, trying to find the button.

I laughed and hit the button instead.

"Jeez dad, I didn't realize how old you were getting"?

"Hey, do you want help or not?" He chuckled.

We filled out the forms and caught up a bit before I hung up to go do some much needed shopping. I made sure to charge my phone before just in case I got an email back. I got into my car and drove to the mall. I quickly grabbed a Starbucks and decided to look for a store with business attire. While I was looking through a rack, I felt my phone vibrating. I answered it, even though it was an unknown number.

"Hello, is this Lilith Copeland?"

"This is she; may I ask who I am speaking to?"

"Yes, I am calling from the recruitment center for WWE."

"Oh Alright, how can I help you?" I said, trying to contain my excitement.

"We'd like to set up a meeting with you, does tomorrow at noon work for you?"
"Yes, that's perfect, thank you so much."

"Of course, see you then."

"See you," I said before hanging up.

I suppose this shopping trip was planned perfectly. I found a set with a dark red blazer and dress pants. (The outfit is in the top of the chapter). Then I went to another store and found a black corset to go underneath it. Once I finished shopping, I walked outside to get into my car, and found a guy posed up against it while his friend was taking a picture.

"Can I help you boys?" I asked, holding my keys in my hand.

"This isn't your car, it can't be" The boy leaning on the car laughed.

"Holy crap, I am so sorry ma'am" The boy with the phone was quick to say.

"Bro why are you apologizing" the first boy laughed again.

"Bro, do you not know who she is?! That's Adam Copeland's daughter!" the boy said, shocked.

"Who?" The other boy said laughing again.

"Edge, the hall of famer?"

After he said that, the boy quickly apologized, and they both wished me a good day. I really can't believe how ignorant kids are these days, I thought while driving home. When I got home, I made sure to iron and hang up the outfit I had bought for tomorrows interview. I needed to look as presentable as possible. After I hung everything up, I quickly made myself something to eat and then got ready for bed. I figured since it was pretty late, I would just call my dad to let him know the news in the morning. I set my alarm and made sure I had plenty of time to get ready the following morning.  I quickly fell asleep after my head hit the pillow.