one.

IN BLOOM.

   It doesn't take me long to reach the front door of his home. I'm completely out of breath, my legs hurt from all the running, and I'm all soaked from the rain. I hear the thunder cracking in the sky and a thunderstorm was on its way, but none of that mattered to me—I just needed to see him.

    I ring the doorbell in hopes of getting a response. But when I don't receive one, I continue to ring it a few more times before resorting to knocking. I'm forced to knock extra hard in order to fight through the overwhelmingly loud thunder.

    Finally, the door slowly opens, revealing the one and only person I wanted to see at this moment.

    It takes him a moment to recognize me. "Navin?"

    He's wearing a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants along with his black-framed glasses that I rarely saw him around in. I don't say anything and just stare at him through the hard rain.

    He opens the door wider. "What are you doing here? It's pouring and you're—"

    "Gunwook,"

    "Yeah?"

    "Be my boyfriend,"

#

THREE DAYS AGO.

    What a hilarious guy.

    It's honestly so ridiculous that I'm not even mad. I'm just laughing at this point—laughing at how pathetic my life is. I guess even after dating someone for over a year and after knowing them for half your life doesn't mean anything.

    I'm currently on the bus and on my way to school. It's the first day of senior year and my mood is already ruined. I'm reading through a post under the gossip column of the school bulletin. I read over the same sentence over and over again; "the school's soccer ace and the school's it girl dating?". Just that one sentence tells me everything I needed to know—my ex has already found himself a new girl to fuck with.

    More specifically, my ex-boyfriend, Park Jeongwoo, and the school's most bitchy girl, Lee Juwon, are dating.

    And just for some context, it's been three weeks since I broke up with him. Three fucking weeks.

    But I can't say I didn't see it coming. I've always been suspicious of him contacting and hanging out with other girls. I don't know why I let it slide, I must've been stupid.

    The bus stops at the station right in front of my school, and I quickly get off and begin to walk toward the main entrance. There, I see three girls standing in front of the doors and I smile as soon as I recognize them.

    "Hey, guys," I greet as I approach them.

    "Hey, girl," Seori says, greeting me with a wide smile on her face.

    "Wow, Nav. Looking hot today. As usual," Haeyun comments.

    "I wonder who she's trying to show off to..." Yeonhee adds onto the side in a quiet voice.