Love and other Discord

After the goddess of discord crashes her best friend's rehearsal dinner, Irina must figure out how to send the divine disaster back to Ancient Greece before she wreaks any more havoc

After the goddess of discord crashes her best friend's rehearsal dinner, Irina must figure out how to send the divine disaster back to Ancient Greece before she wreaks any more havoc... But learning to embrace a little discord may be just what she needs.

_______________

"If you want something done right..." I mumbled under my breath as I stared at the random array of Greek sculptures before me.

None of which were where they were supposed to be.

Quickly, I got to work rearranging the centerpieces. The rehearsal dinner was set to begin in half an hour and the rest of the bridesmaids had yet to stroll into the museum. Maybe planning the bachelorette party the night before hadn't been my best idea. A blur of last night's memories flashed through my head while I continued to set up.

Karaoke.

Dancing.

Strip Club.

More dancing...

Private VIP Lounge.

No, definitely not my best idea.

But the more I decorated, the more I was distracted from last night's mistakes.

"Good god," I groaned aloud, picking up a winged goddess. "Why are you so heavy?"

Instead of a hollowed out lightweight plaster cast like the others, this sculpture was carved from natural stone. I hoisted the base onto my hip and turned it over to see the face. Smooth as silk, the pale marble skin of the goddess felt real beneath my fingertips.

"Heavy, but beautiful," I whispered as my thumb slid down the statue's thigh. I quickly cupped my hand around the base again. "Sorry. I totally just felt you up, didn't I?"

"How are you even functional after last night?" Jenna's voice whined from behind.

I gripped the goddess a little tighter, turning to see the bride-to-be in a white chiffon mini dress, her blonde hair pulled back into a clip. Dark sunglasses obscured her eyes, but a playful pout puckered her lips.

Despite the obvious hangover, Jenna seemed to be acting normal.

"Not sure functional is the best word for me," I murmured. "I just apologized to a statue for feeling her up."

"At least get her a drink first." Jenna's laugh turned into a groan. "Ugh, I don't even wanna think about alcohol right now. Seriously, I don't know how you managed to pull all this together on your own after last night."

I sighed as I looked out over the round tables, each decorated with sprawling ivy and golden laurel leaves. Pedestals with Greek busts anchored the sweetheart table set along the backdrop of the museum's classical sculpture hall. It looked straight out of a bridal magazine. Exactly how she wanted it. "I just want everything to be perfect for you."