Another Announcement

"You should get some rest, you haven't got some for ages," I say to Cato. "Ok then, I'm getting tired a bit. Stay guard." He says as he yawns quite clumsily, literally throwing himself onto the hard ground. I use my hand to pull back his perfect blonde hair and see a large and fatal scratch on his forehead. "Cato! What happened?" I exclaim. "No wonder there was pain near my head." "Great. Now we're both kinda hurt. Wait, let me get out the medicine again. I think those boisterous creatures got you." I swiftly grab out the silver container and twist the top. I take quote a handful of medicine and repeatedly stroke on his forehead. "Ow," he complains softly. "Sorry..." I mumble. I begin to go a little more gentler now, until the stuff fully covers his scar. "Now go to sleep." I say quite protectively, since I know that we both should go back to district two as triumphant and proud victors, not dead bodies in a casket. The sun has just rose and the heat radiates onto my skin. I haven't forgotten about my special pin, hoping its still secure. "Thank goodness," I say heavily as I feel the engraved jewels and see Cato fast asleep next to me. Everything's going well. So far.

"Attention tributes!" Ugh. Not another pathetic announcement. "There will be a feast offering at the Cornucopia this afternoon. This is no ordinary opportunity. This is the only announcement. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor." The ear splitting voice ringing in my ears makes me block them immediately. Cato springs awake and his eyes are widened. "What do we do? I mean we're starving since that idiot blew up our stuff," I argue. "I know." Cato sighs. "I'll go." "No, don't. You're more hurt then I am. We both need to survive." "But you have a bigger chance of winning anyway." "But remember Clove, both of us can make it!" "But if I see that Katniss girl I really wanna kill her at the feast." "Your choice. Just don't let me down. I don't wanna be left alone. Please..." Cato sighs quite reluctantly. He strokes my ponytail lightly and touches my cheek. We both stand up simultaneously and without hesitation, give each other a long hug. I stand on my tippy toes since my district partner is very tall compared to me, a tiny little mouse.

"Are you sure your prepared for this." Cato strictly assures. "Yes. Definitely. I got this!" I confidently say. "Ok good. Knives equipped, bloodthirstiness on?" I nod silently, my head held up high. Since there's still quite abit of time until the feast is shown, I lie down onto the rubble and admire the scenery of the afternoon sun setting. Cato lies down beside me and mutters, "I know we've told everyone that we knew each other before this whole thing... but I don't think they know the whole story behind it. You know, Paradow and stuff." I mutter. "And that I coincidently met you at our school, Westlakes Academy." We give each other the silent treatment, gazing into the landscape. "It's like our secret." "I know that everyone like expected me to volunteer cause I was tough and all, but I did it for a reason." "Yeah yeah, everyone knows. To make your district proud." I say rolling my eyes. "No Clove, I did it to protect you." "Why?" I said pulling my heavy body off the ground. "I told you you had to volunteer for a more better reason then that. You could die because of me Cato!" I scream. "I don't care! I just want you to be safe." he mumbles quite quietly.