Transitus Era IV

"Ol, are you in here?"

"Oh, thank goddess its you, yes I'm in the closet"

Hearing a light chuckle, "makes since, I've always suspected something."

I shoot daggers at the girl, who was now sitting on my grey duvet with her legs like a pretzel. "ha ha, so very clever Az. A true scholar of our era", I remark, as I duck back into my closet trying to figure out what my mood was.

"Wear the navy sweats set. I have plans for us, that's all you'll need to be wearing", Az calls in a matter-of-fact tone. 

I do as I'm instructed and toss on the deep blue cropped crewneck and matching joggers, and let down my hair from the clip, not wanting my missing ear exposed. Only Azalea is allowed to order me around this way, which is ironic since she's an omega. I walk out to greet her on the bed and she promptly wraps her arms around my neck. 

"Thank you", she says more to herself than to me. 

I peel her off and look into her swirling blue eyes, "Az, I told you I would protect you. It's my duty as your Queen and best friend."

She falls back onto my chest and takes a deep breath. 

I know that she has her mate and eventually, I might have one as well, but Az is my true twin flame. We have always had a connection that no one else could understand. Growing up I'm pretty sure everyone expected us to be mates. But, I was relieved when she found Ase, I didn't want her to be my mate, I didn't want to have to bring romance into our relationship. I wanted us to be able to complain to each other about our annoying mates, not be each other's annoying mates. 

My 5'11" stature was almost towering over her as she stood on the hardwood cabin floor, resting her head on my chest once again and arms wrapped around my waist. 

"So what is this big plan you have for us, Az?", I ask looking down and pulling a strand of hair out of her face. 

"You'll see!", She exclaims as she pushes off me like an excited child on the winter solstice. 

She runs out of the room leaving a streak of navy behind her. I can't tell if its her hair or her matching sweatsuit. Chasing after her, we spring down the stairs and I follow her into the kitchen. My jaw drops in amazement. 

"Ta Da!", Julien exclaims. 

There is a full island of snacks, drinks, and candy. Emily, steps out from behind Julien and smiles at me. I know that Emily has picked out the snacks and Julien made the delicious looking drinks. 

I look to see where Az has bounced off to, and find her sitting atop a pallet on the floor created from what looks like hundreds of pillows and thirty blankets. I see Ase sitting next to her with his arms snaked around her, and Tyler plopped down on the pallet as well waiting for Emily. All of us in the same blue sweatsuits. 

Julien, Emily, and I walk over to the pallet and plop down as well. We spend the night laughing, playing games, and watching movies. I take a deep breath as I look around the room that is filled with love and friendship and just stare in awe. 

Eventually, I get up to use the restroom, and a hand braces my wrist. 

"By the way, I finished the guesthouse after I called for Emily and Riley. Everything is put together and there's nothing left to do until their arrival," I silently thank Azalea and continue to the bathroom. 

The night comes to a close and everyone starts retreating to their rooms. I stay behind and start picking up the pieces of the disheveled living room, I know my father would not be pleased to see this mess in the morning. Just as I finish folding the last blanket and blow out the candle that had been lit, I sense a presence behind me. 

"Having fun?"

I whip around to see two tall emerald eyes staring back at me in the darkness. I am painfully aware now just how alone I am with this figure. I don't feel fear, but almost a calming breeze. I start to move towards the male trying to place his sent, but just as I about to reach him, he turns and disappears into thin air. 

Have I gone mad? That was real right? How long had he been there? Has he been watching us all night?

I shake my head of these thoughts and start my accent up to my room, hoping this figure doesn't follow.  

Once I make it to my room, I flop on my bed. All I want to do is sleep, but those green eyes won't let me. They're all I think about. Who did they belong to, and why was his scent so familiar?

~~~

I wake up earlier than I normally do to give myself plenty of time to get ready for the day. Alpha Emerson, from the Night Fire pack in Europe, will be arriving in a few hours. I am sure they will be exhausted from almost a full day of travel, but I should still be presentable when I great them at the guesthouse. 

I hop into the shower, hoping the warm water will wake me up as it usually does. Working my way through my routine I finish up in about fifteen minutes. I slip into my silk robe and start on my skincare routine. Moving on, I begin on my hair. I knew I would have to wear it down, as my days of having my hair up off me were no more. I couldn't expose my missing ear, the Alpha would see it as a weakness. 

I decide to add light waves in a blowout and style my front pieces away from my face. I continue with my makeup, wearing more than usual but nothing cakey, and leave the bathroom to go get dressed. I put on my undergarments and slip into my black see-through tights. Although, the cold air doesn't really effect me I thought they would pull the whole outfit together. I slid on a grey knit pencil skirt, tucking in a black turtle neck into the hem before zipping up the skirt. Finishing the outfit with a matching grey knit blazer that reaches the same length as the skirt. I want to dress as modestly, but fashionably as possible. I need to make a good first impression that I was a put together strong female alpha. I don't need anyone else to doubt me as that rogue did.