Chapter 1: A Hunt For The Past

Blake knows she should be running away. The logical thing right now is for her to run away;but she feels her legs stuck in place. She stood there in the heavy white smoke. The flamboyant flames grew and stretched away from the shrinking building. The sky filled with smoke, wind and noise. The sound of classmates screaming and crying. They stood at the top of a hill towering the blazing academy, away from the fire but not close enough to feel the heat of the smoke. It was scary to imagine some people were still inside there and there was nothing they could do. The smell of Blake's own blood and body sweat messes with her head and the despair of a dead friend. Is it my fault? Should I go back to school? She resents that idea as the school was already burning.  All the hard work, friendships, love and academic work that Blake had experienced at St Allen's academy was all gone, all those experiences burning away right in front of her eyes. Wishing she could change the past she carefully bows her head; holding any tears left in silence. She knew St Allens Academy was a trusted and peacful school so how did it end up like this.

                                                                  ~3 months ago~ 

The field filled with feathery, emerald springy grass big enough to fit a golf court, tennis court and a lake. Two girls lied down in the grass, one of them laughing and kicking her feet. Diez Lee had long brunette hair with blonde highlights packed in a high ponytail. She wore heavy make up that can only be seen from a really close angle. Her lashes and eyebrows were always perfect along with her comforting smile. She wore a tight buttoned up green blazer along with a green and white bow, underneath she wore a loose undisclosed dirty white blouse. She clutches her belt and swiftly pulls down her black miniskirt. Skylar Hope  seemed attentive to what her friend was saying. She had a dark complexion, refined featured which made her stand out. Her thin but long braids were packed in a ponytail as well. the girl had a similar outfit to her friend but she never wore a blazer instead she wore a  green jumper that was attached to the flowy skirt and a loose blouse underneath.

"Are you sure Diez" says Skylar while swinging her feet.

"I promise, she even has a bump and i don't think it's the school food" pronounced Diez.

"I swear if-" 

Skylar stopped dead after she saw the P.E (physical education) teacher walk towards them. they both remained quiet and avoided eye contact as he was getting closer. Mr Cher believed that everyone should at least do sports as a hobby and was very bothered when his students didn't participate in his classes. 

" I wonder what could be more interesting than me p.e lesson" Mr Cher spats as he looks down at the girls laying down. The girls quickly stand up and wipe any grass on them.

"Now go get a a golf club and participate in my lesson after all golf is very fun game not only it reduces stress it also-" 

"If you keep talking then i wont be able to get the equipment sir" Skylar interrupts Mr Cher. He realizes and quickly  nods in agreement to back off. Skylar always loved to look down on people mostly teachers who loves to waste her time. She was well known and had a good reputation in St Allen's Academy. She always knew she was the prettiest and smartest in her year which made her pretty popular. She shrugs and walks away to the storage house as if interrupting a teacher was a normal thing for her.

"Oh can you get me one too Sky, i don't want to go in that dirty and old shed" Diez screams so Skylar can hear.

She nods in agreement and continues to walk to the shed. Almost everyone was scared to walk to the shed, people say it's haunted or they heard strange noises coming from it. Skylar dismissed it as fake. People always want something to talk about she thought while opening the heavy metal door. The storage house was an old building located in the school field so the school decided to turn into a storage place not too long ago. The cleaner left the job because of the ominous smell that came from it. Skylar carefully steps inside and gets hit by a strange odor. It was vibrant and strong, Skylar quickly covered her nose and quickly started searching for the golf club. It smelled like death. There was no other way Skylar could describe it, she had never smelled something so pervading.

"Oh, there it is" Skylar said without letting the odor enter through her mouth. She reaches out for the bag that had golf clubs inside placed in a pallet rack. She steps to reach out for the bag, she feels something wet on the floor she's stepping on. She slowly bows her head in shock. It was a black liquid that felt a little bit sticky. She rapidly steps away almost falling on her back. Skylar stood there in silence for quite  a while; trying to process what she just stepped on. After seconds, she comes to her realization and proceeds to bend her neck to see what on the other side of the pallet rack that was oozing so much black liquid. She stretches her head to see a dead body. She could only see half of it nonetheless she knew it who it was. It was Mr Robertson ;the maths teacher. Skylar quickly heads to nearest exit, which was the one she came from. She nervously placed her hand on the door handle but i wouldn't budge. Now Skylar really started to freak out, her hand started to get sweaty and twitchy. She knew it wasn't healthy to be in a room with a dead body for more than a second. If she didn't get out soon she knew she would would up like Mr Robertson too. She only had eyes for the door so she ran there quickly without any thought. Skylar knew she  was the type to be calm and collected and that's how she was seen to her other classmates so she didn't want to scare anybody when she gets out of the shed. She took a deep breath and placed her hand in the door handle. It was a slow pull at first but then proceeded to get faster until, she gave up.

The door wouldn't budge. Strange footsteps were heard behind her almost as if they were in slow motion. Skylar knew something was getting closer. She had to move fast.