𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・: ̗̀➛
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: SURPRISES ARE SOMETIMES FILLED WITH HAPPINESS!
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・: ̗̀➛

FOUR MONTHS LATER
AT THE RILEY-WEATHERS RESIDENCE 📍

"You're okay in there, Zo!" The soft voice of Gale spoke, knocking on her door.

"Yes, mom, I'm just finishing up my paper!" She screamed back as she typed her last paragraph on her English essay.

"Ok, I have a surprise for you when you're done." She spoke, tip-toeing away from the door.

"Huh? Mom what did you say?" She asked, putting her computer down next to the pillow. Opening the door, she popped her head out, "Did you say something else?"

"Yes.  I asked, Can you get something from my room for me? I have to go do something real quick." Gale lied to her, hugging her.

"What was it that you needed?"

"My green purse—I can't find it, and I was supposed to donate it this week. Is it ok if you look real quick?" Gale lied.

Zoe nodded her head, kissing her mom on the cheek, waiting for her mom to leave the room so she could plump down on her bed and turn the TV on as she watched a movie.

"ZO, CAN YOU COME DOWN HERE?"

"Sure."  She replied, walking down the steps, "What is it?" She didn't even get a chance to reply when confetti blew in her face, a horn blower went off to her right, and the group in front of her was screaming with excitement.

A shocked look appeared on the Riley-Weathers girl's face as she stared at the people standing in her kitchen. Sam and Danny stood there holding a banner, while Tara, Chad, and Mindy held bags in their hands.

Turning to her mom, she had a smile, "Did you do all of this?"

"It wasn't me just me, it was all of them too." She went to the living room to give them space.

"Oh my god!" Zoe yelled as she ran to Mindy. "How did you guys make it? I thought you said you couldn't?" She questioned.

"Well, we we told our mom we'd be spending the week here with you." Mindy responded by hugging her back and sitting the gifts down on the counter.

"...and we couldn't miss a chance at seeing you." Chad replied, a smile on his face as he ruffled her hair, then walked more in the kitchen with his sister.

"Neither could we." Tara pointed to Sam, "I've missed you."

"I missed you too, how've you been?" She asked her kissing her cheek. "Are You spending the night too?"

"Good."  She replied honestly. "And yes my bags are in the car."

"Mmm."

"How've you and Chad been?" She whispered, her eyes going up and down as she looked at the both of them.

"Oh my gosh, it's that obvious." She face-palmed herself and said, "Yes, now spill." Zoe responded.

"He's so sweet, charming, and caring." She gushed, "Oh my god, you're in love." Zoe smacked her arm. The two of them giggling at her jokes.

"What are you gossiping about?" Sam's voice beamed behind the two, startling them.

"Nothing." Zoe spoke in a hushed tone, while Tara moved closer to Mindy and chad.

"How ya doing, bug?" Sam pulled her into a hug.

"Fine, thanks again for surprising me."

"It was no problem; you know we love you and are always here for you." Sam spoke for her and Danny.

Gale got up, put her cup in the dirty sink, and washed her hands. "How about we cut the cake now?"

"Wait, we have cake?" Zoe spoke, flabbergasted.

"Yup."  Getting the cake from the fridge and sitting it on the table, she opened it. Revealing a photo of what used to be her friend group.

Zoe sat next to Ethan, his arm around her neck; Quinn sat next to Anika who sat on Mindy's lap as they laughed; and Chad was making goofy faces behind Tara's back. Sam took the photo.

Her smile altered upon seeing the two people who betrayed them, and her eyes flickered to the two friends she lost to them also.

Mindy and Tara hit Chad in the back of his head, earning a groan in return: "What was that for?"

"What was that for?" Mindy mocked him.

"Yes, what was that for?" He questioned again.

"You put the wrong picture!" Tara exclaimed.

"Oh."  He turned to Zoe, smiling slightly "Sorry."

"No, Chad, it's ok." Zoe turned to him, even though everyone in the room stared at her, wondering if she actually was. "Also, even though they're on the cake, they're not the only ones; so are we, and so are Jade and Anika; it's good to honor them."

"It's also good to see their faces again." Turning towards the group, they nodded their heads in agreement.

"You sure."  Sam and Gale spoke.

"Mom, Sam, I'm fine." She looked at them a smile on her face, "Now let's party!"

" She looked at them a smile on her face, "Now let's party!"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘽𝙀𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙔𝙀𝘿 ━━ 𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙮 🎉