Ch. 14: The Truth About Maria Robotnik

Chapter 14: The Truth About Maria Robotnik

Inside the Space Colony ARK Sonic, Tails, and Amy roaming around the ship's halls, they couldn't seem to shake the feeling that something was off about their journey. It wasn't as if they were forgetting something or someone important.

"This place is old and abandoned," said Amy.

"This place was shut down about 50 years ago because of a terrible accident," Tails said. "The first Bernoulli spherical space colony called ARK.  When it was operational, it was filled with technology that could take us anywhere in the universe. I read a report that it was a perfect sphere."

"It sure seemed like it!" said Amy.

There's no time to waste before Eggman fires that weapon again," Sonic said. "We need to hurry! Let's destroy that cannon!"

"Right!" said Tails as he typed the keyboard on his computer. He typed several codes into an access terminal until the large computer screen showed one image of a massive gun mounted atop the ARK's main hull.

"Someone designed that weapon in a way that it is impervious to attacks from the outside. Its defense shields are super strong and will only be weakened once fired upon. The only way to defeat the shield is to hit it directly," said Tails as he opened the briefcase there was a topaz gem inside.

"Isn't that a Choas Emerald?" asked Amy.

"Yes, actually, it's a fake one that I created after researching the real Emerald. It has the same properties as the real emerald, but it has been enhanced with my ability to manipulate the energy from my Chaos Emeralds. So we're going to have to be very careful about this mission since Eggman will likely suspect something is amiss at the base. After all, that's where I first made this device," said Tails.

Tails gave the fake Emerald to Sonic, "Here. You go find the control room, and I'll find the power supply and destroy it, okay?"

Sonic nodded, "So the plan is, we'll switch the Choas Emeralds when the machine has stopped, yeah?"

Tails nodded as they both led the way leaving Amy behind.

"There they go again. They always have fun and leave me here all alone! I really never understand boys," she sighed as she headed toward the main hall.

*Meanwhile*

After surviving the spaceship crash, Knuckles glided through the ARK, then landed on the building and the crash sequence was completed.  He sighed in relief.

"That was a close call. I guess I got separated  from the others for a little while..."He then heard the sound of footsteps approaching him. He quickly turned around and faced the enemy. The figure that approached him was a white bat that wore a pink chest plate shaped like a heart, black leather pants, white gloves with pink tips, and white boots with pink hearts on the toes. She wore blue shadows with long lashes and pink lipstick.

"Well, look who finally joined the party," said Rouge, "I was starting to wonder when you'd show up."

"You again," said Knuckles annoyed.

Rouge smiled, "Come on now, don't be such a sourpuss.  After all, isn't it your fault we ended up in trouble?" she asked, holding up the shards of Master Emerald. "With these, I have collected the shards of  Emeralds." Knuckles didn't say anything, so Rouge continued. "So what do you say? Want some?"

"Fine, if it's what you want," Knuckles replied. "But I won't give you what I'm holding unless you give the shards to me, bat girl."

Rouge smirked,  "Oh, you wish!"