Twenty-One - Tati

Tati stretched. She'd never fallen asleep after sex like that. Never with any guy before, and never with Darian.

More often, Tati lay in bed beside her partners, listening to their pleasant snoring. Sometimes passing wind while she couldn't fall asleep because she could have gone a lot longer. Or at the very least, get one orgasm out of the tryst. That wouldn't be a problem with Zeus.

A sigh escaped her lips as she rolled onto her side. She felt the warmth of the bed beside her, but it was missing one large thing. Zeus.

Tati sat up bolt straight. Her eyes snapped to the open door as she scrambled out of the bed. With one blanket wrapped around her body as she padded toward the door.

"Zeus?"

The car was right where Zeus had parked the night before. She didn't see him as she hurried down the two steps, feeling them shift under her weight.

"Zeus, where are you?" Tati called, hugging the blanket around her breasts as she walked across the loose dirt. There was something about the sensation under her feet that didn't feel right. Tati couldn't stop to investigate, though. She needed to find Zeus.

"Right here, Angel." Zeus' head popped out of a small building she hadn't noticed last night in the dark.

Holy Lumberjack, Batman.

Zeus was standing in a shaft of shade at the opening of a small building. He had on a pair of dark-washed jeans. Though she'd been on Wolfeen long enough to know they didn't call it denim, but was exactly what it was. Rough-looking work boots, the laces lost beneath the leg of his pants, and a black flannel shirt. He'd opted to cuff the sleeves up to his elbows. Showing off his muscular forearms and the veins that her tongue craved to trace.

His mustache looked less like a mustache now that he hadn't shaved in a few days. Tati had a feeling it wouldn't take long for him to grow a beard.

Hell, men like Zeus could take a shit and grow a beard. As disturbing as that mental image was. It did not distract Tati from staring at the hot hunk of Wolfeen, who was smiling down at her.

"I thought I'd lost you," Tati said. Relief flooded her system as she came closer. Tati realized the sensation she felt on her feet were socks as she lifted the blanket she'd thrown on. Zeus must have put them on her, and she felt a swell of emotion in her chest she'd never experienced before.

Of course, she'd been cared for in her life. It would be silly to say she hadn't. But the level of Zeus' devotion to her. The way the Wolfeen men treated their mates was something Tati had never felt before. Her heart was too full for her brain to comprehend how far he would go to bring her happiness. Even the smallest measure of comfort.

Tati was a little disappointed with herself. What in the world did she think she was going to do with nothing but a blanket wrapped around her body? For a moment, her mind had flashed on the assassins who had come the day before. Zeus could have been in trouble. How was she going to defend her mate with no weapon?

Zeus chuckled, stepping closer to lean into her, pressing his forehead against hers. His hand came up, wrapping around the back of her neck.

"You're stuck with me, Angel. No doubt about it." He whispered, stealing a kiss before pulling away, causing her to lean forward and stumble.

"What are you doing out here?"

Tati crowded him. On the one hand, she wanted to get closer to him. The swelling between her legs ached, and she could feel her arousal building. She was due for another shot of Samfred's serum this morning because she wanted to see what Zeus was up to.