Chapter 1 # Clash of Fates: Unexpected Encounters

In the depths of this vast world, countless souls bear the weight of their pain in silence, concealing their struggles behind the façade of a smile.

It was the eve of October 13th, a date that held significance for a 19-year-old girl with long lashes and an innocent countenance named Novella Moroe. Clutching her knees, she found herself seated upon the floor of her room, tears streaming down her cheeks, yearning for solace that seemed elusive. A beacon of strength, Novella whispered through her tears, rallying herself forward, "Come on, Nell, you can do this. You are the embodiment of resilience, and you should be grateful for the blessings you possess." With those words, she rose to her feet and commenced tidying her humble abode.

In a sudden, unexpected embrace, someone enveloped Novella from behind, exclaiming, "Vellaa, I got an A+!" It was Liora, her beloved younger sister. Overwhelmed with pride, Novella mustered a smile and replied, "Oh, Liora, you have no idea how immensely proud I am of you, my dear sister. One day, I aspire to shower you with all the happiness the world can offer." Novella's lips curled with warmth, though deep down, she knew the arduous truth she carried. "But for now, go on, change your clothes. I'll prepare some lunch before I head to the café. And, Liora, where is our mother?" Liora's voice trembled with uncertainty as she asked the question. Novella, masking her inner turmoil, responded, "Um, she's out, darling, occupied with work. Now, hurry along, or else I'll be late on your account."

In the haven of the kitchen, Novella found herself lost in the memories of her own sorrowful existence while she cooked. Her heart yearned for a loving family, for a touch of affection, but instead, her burdened shoulders carried only a heavy load of responsibilities. Her mother, a perpetual absentee, found solace in revelry and the intoxicating embrace of spirits. Novella's father, lost in the abyss of his vices, occasionally unleashed his fury upon her, consumed by a whirlwind of gambling debts. With no other choice, Novella toiled away, working at a café during the day and enduring the dim-lit nights at a club—a world she detested but could not escape. Oppressed and powerless, she soldiered on.

On Mayfair Street, within the walls of Graco Enterprises, preparations were underway. An air of anticipation hung heavy as employees braced themselves for the arrival of the formidable Lucas Graco—a man whose very existence seemed destined for the realms of fiction. With broad shoulders and a chiseled jawline, he possessed a face so perfect that it could render others breathless. Deep, penetrating eyes, adorned with luxuriant lashes, bore an allure that sent shivers down the spines of those who beheld him. Lucas Graco commanded attention merely by stepping into a room.

Within the hallowed grounds of the Graco boardroom, Amelia Thompson, director of Thompson Groups of Companies, commenced her presentation—an ambitious endeavor to forge an alliance with Graco Enterprises. Upon concluding her pitch, she sauntered towards Lucas, her tone laced with flirtation, and remarked, "Mr. Lucas, I hope you found our proposal enticing. Together, our companies can soar to new heights of success." Drawing closer to him, she seductively added, "If you desire, we can discuss this further in private. I could visit your home tonight." She playfully bit her lip, attempting to entice Lucas, a storm of anger brewing in his eyes, forcefully pulled his arm away from her grasp and unleashed a terrifying roar. "Ethan, throw her out!" he commanded, his voice reverberating through the room. Guards swiftly descended upon Amelia, dragging her out as she continued to shriek, her cries fading into the distance.

Such was Lucas Graco—an uncompromising man who brooked no disrespect towards women. With his fury still simmering, Lucas made his way to his office, a space adorned in an alluring yet foreboding black interior. Seated at his desk, he exuded an aura of power that commanded attention. His loyal associate, Ethan, cautiously entered the room, sensing the tempestuous atmosphere.