XV. If This Plane To Paris Went Down

★ fifteen  ,
if this plane to
paris went down.

FREMANTLE
      october 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚             THE PLANE landed in western australia, sam lightly shook odessa, alerting the peaceful girl that had been laying on her moments prior, that they had landed.

odessa rubbed her eyes, a sense of worry washing over her features. she was somewhere she wasn't familiar with, she never flew over to western australia. it was a completely new state to her, but to sam it had been all she had ever called home.

tony had given the matildas the week off, giving them another two weeks to train before their next practice match against usa in november. in the matter of four hours, odessa was told to pack her shit, and that sam had booked some seats prior to their knowledge to fly over to western australia. leaving the netballer to tell her mother she was flying to sydney for a swifts meeting.

there was one mistake when it came to the two trying to hide their relationship. it's how much they forgot how paparazzi lurked around the pair of athletes. from afar, they couldn't spot any inside the airport. but they knew someone would see them.

sam pulled her black hoodie over her head. she was the one that could be spotted in her home state, the girl behind her tucked behind a yellow hoodie, sams sunglasses and a mask the flight attendant had given her, couldn't be spotted.

from a safe distance, odessa followed sam through the airport. picking up her bright pink suitcase while sam received her black one, the pair softly continued. keeping a close eye out for someone with a camera.

odessa's eyes widened as a camera began to flash in the corner, alerting the pair of the man taking a photo of sam. odessa turned, pretending to suddenly be interested in the male magazine beside her. she grimaced at the sight of a males naked chest, shuddering a breath she put the magazine back. continuing her adventure after her girlfriend. getting stopped another time when she saw a row of plushies sitting on top of the store shelf.

she giggled like a child, beginning to scan over each soft toy. reading their names aswell. she hadn't realised how much time she had taken, not knowing that her girlfriend was sitting in their reserved uber worried and confused on where she was.

odessa brought her teddy, slightly shocked at the price being nearly thirty dollars. but she didn't mind, she had a new friend now, her name was indigo, and she was bright purple with hints of lighter purple around her body. ( imagine her as u will idc )

odessa's phone buzzed loudly in her pocket. she grimaced under her mask, seeing the dozen of unread messages sent from sam and the extra three missed calls. she lifted the phone up to her ear, speaking indirectly into it at a low tone "yes?"

"oh my god odessa. about time you fucking answered" sam let out a breath of relief "the hell are you?"

"i got distracted" odessa admitted shyly "and i will tell you, that i do see maccas out of the corner of my eye and i'm trying to fight the urges. but they are gonna end up overtaking me. so what do i want from maccas?"

"nothing" sam answered.

"you say that and then you're gonna try to steal my chips" odessa reminded her "let me ask you again, in spanish. que quieres de maccas?"