the transfer

Henry Hunter was by far Carlisle United's most valuable player, for years he had been scoring the most mesmerising goals, he was the clubs pride and joy. so it didn't come as a surprise when a team finally requested him for a transfer. Henry had heard a lot about the team in question, everyone had. Whether it be about their American manager Ted Lasso or their relegation to the championship which had just been confirmed.

Henry had always rooted for the underdog, so he did support them when it came to teams other than his own. Carlisle united were in league 2 in the season, finishing inches away from a promotion which was all down to him.

When Henry got the call from Afc Richmond he was in utter shock. to him there was no thoughts to be had, this was his dream transfer at the time. he could see it then, helping them back up to the prems and going down in history as the one to watch. He agreed instantly, confirming a date for the signing and after the long wait that day had finally arrived, exactly a month before the start of the season, a month to become part of the team.

So now Henry was in London, five hours away from the signing, lying in his hotel bed like a starfish, imagining exactly how his life was about to change. He really didn't know the extent of it. Unluckily, however, he was shot to life by his phone buzzing for the seventh time since his actual alarm sounded. he wasn't a morning person, if you can believe it.

So, after a couple groans and a crawl fit for a worm, Henry had manoeuvred his way out of bed. He got a quick cold shower and threw on his freshly ironed suit, struggling slightly with his tie in the process. Next, he got some granola and threw on the telly, which still displayed the episode of young royals he left last night. He turned over to the news, ecstatic to see a not so great photo of himself on the screen. The people on the news were talking about how great of a choice his transfer was, showing some montage of all the Richmond fans chanting his name, guess the fans weren't going to be an issue to get on his side.

Next thing he knew, He was in the back of a large car, on the way to greet his new manager, fans and more importantly, new players he was to be playing alongside in a months time. As the car pulled up to Nelson road it all got very real, even more so as he was walking through the hallways and then it was definitely not a dream as he was escorted onto the pitch, everyone in the stadium looking right at him as applaud erupted all up the stands.

Henry felt as if he was walking in slow motion towards Rebecca Welton because of how desperate he was to be there but he was in fact speed walking. there was an aisle which he walked through where he saw all of the players, parted like the red sea. all here to see him. he scanned all of them, Sam Obisanya, Jamie tartt, Isaac McAdoo and Dani Rojas among others all sharing their smiles and "welcome"s. However Henry never smiled back, he kept his eyes fixed on Colin Hughes, who also kept his eyes on the other, the both staring into each others eyes until Henry finally reached the stand, when he cut the eye contact swiftly, much to Colin's annoyance.

"Rebecca Welton, we're so happy to have you here, Henry." the owner of the club greeted him with a handshake, before Ted lasso did the same, chipper as ever. Beard them followed up with a light handshake and one word "Beard", that about sums it up i guess. He then handed Henry a pen, which he lifted to the paper in front of him, signing it happily, the cheers piercing his ears like the chants that were about to be his lifeline. He was officially a Greyhound and he couldn't be happier. after a wave and a smile, the chorus died down and Henry got down in order to go and meet his teammates.

"Isaac, it's good to meet you mate" the shorter boy exclaimed, before holding out a hand which McAdoo shook without hesitation, a light smile back at Henry. it's okay he didn't expect much more from the captain, him being as abrupt as he is. Next he met Sam and Dani who were both waiting to greet him eagerly, the three attacked each other in a friendship bonding hug, and that was all they needed to know they were about to be great mates. He went around like this greeting all the players, Tartt being a bit disrespectful, but again he didn't expect anything more.

After breaking apart from the group, he saw Colin leaning against a wall nearby, that was the last player to greet. He began to get a bit sweaty, and weirdly shaky as he started walking towards him with purpose, only to be completely ignored as Colin widened his eyes and stormed out of the stadium, rude. the truth was, Henry had always admired Colin, not for his skills or his kindness, although both were impressive, but by his looks, Colin made him feel like a teenage girl, too bad he can never come out, too bad he's a footballer.

So Henry watched Colin run away, confusion and devastation both running through his mind, what had he done against him? He stood like this again before being called over by ted for an "ussie" so he ran over and posed with the whole team, minus one, getting the perfect photo to welcome him to the team. in the photo, Henry had one arm around both Dani and Sam's shoulders, them doing the same, all three smiling at each other and the other team mates circled around them. this was gonna be a good season.