Chapter 19

"Well, that did not go how I planned, but it was nice. Especially since I could tell my sister that she'll be my maid of honor at our wedding. Speaking of which, have you given any thought about who you want to have stand for you?" Sara asked her fiance as they walked back to the Waverider.

"Haven't given it much thought yet, but don't worry, I will. Though you know we'll have to make lots of trips back here so your sister can be part of the wedding planning, since she made it very clear that she'd kill us if she wasn't involved." Ava said.

"Which is exactly why I'm just gonna give her a time courier." Sara said and Ava chuckled.

"Probably a good idea." Ava said as they walked onto the ship, only to find it suspiciously empty.

"Gideon, do I want to know where the rest of the team is?" Sara asked.

"Dr. Palmer and Ms. Darhk are out at dinner, since like you, they decided to have date night tonight." Gideon said.

"Okay, well at least they're smart enough to know not to mess with our night. And what about Nate and Jax?" Sara asked.

"I believe you should be getting a call from your father any minute telling you that they are currently in a holding cell at SCPD." Gideon said.

"Wait, what?" Sara asked.

"Apparently they decided to go out for drinks and had a few too many which turned into a bar fight." Gideon said, amusement clear in her voice, which Sara and Ava clearly shared.

"At least they stayed in this time period." Sara said.

"So, are we gonna go bail them out?" Ava asked.

"No, I think we'll let them spend tonight in the drunk tank and wait for my dad to call me tomorrow morning to tell me that they're there." Sara said with a smirk.

"Fair enough." Ava said.

"Oh, by the way captain, I got a message from Director Michaels at Argus that Mr. Snart and Mr. Rory are ready for pick up." Gideon said.

"Good. We'll give them one more night of being criminals then remind them that they're somewhat decent guys." Sara said.

"So, I guess we have the ship to ourselves, at least until Ray and Nora get back." Ava said.

"I guess so." Sara agreed.

"Before you start making any plans, I've discovered something that I think you'll find interesting." Gideon said.

"What?" Sara asked.

"While analyzing the timeline, I've discovered that something has caused the timeline to fragment around the 21st century." Gideon said.

"Meaning?" Sara asked.

"You're aware of the existence of temporal fragmentations correct?" Gideon asked.

"Yeah, Salvation North Dakota is one of them." Sara said, wondering where Gideon was going with this.

"Well, it turns out that a new fragmentation has formed, most likely because of the number of heroes in this time period that are now free from the Oculus's control. The entire 21st century has essentially become shielded from the Time Masters, at least on Earth. They cannot see anything that occurs in this time period." Gideon said.

"Which gives us an advantage. Gideon, find a way to send word to Rip, let him know to bring all the Time Captains he's recruited to his cause here. We can start building an actual resistance against the Time Masters that way." Sara said.

"Right away captain." Gideon said.