Chapter 66

Once the laughter had died down, Bruce seemed to remember something and said, "I've been meaning to ask how sleeping next to Steve has been working out."

Eva became flustered. It had only been a couple of weeks. She wanted it to be better, but any time he touched her in his sleep, she nearly bolted from the room. She tried to stay as long as she could, and she was staying for longer periods, but it was slow going. Most nights, she barely stayed five minutes before panic set in.

She stuttered, "Oh... um... well-"

"She stays as long as she can," Steve replied with a smile, seeing shame flash in her eyes, "and that's fine with me. I'm proud of her for trying."

Love filled her as she returned the smile. "Aw, Stevie."

He had known and was proud of her for what little progress she had made. To him, any progress was good. That alone meant the world to Eva.

Bruce turned to the Gods and began to ask, "And should I take Loki kissing as-"

"They never did that, so it's fine," Loki replied, though he felt uncomfortable talking about it. "But Thor wants to take things slow so I'm not overwhelmed."

Thor cupped Loki's cheek, making the raven-haired man look at him as he said, "The less stress you are under, the better. You don't need to worry about what is expected or not."

Loki gave him a warm smile. He truly loved the golden-haired man in front of him.

But Eva ruined the beautiful moment by saying, "I think I'm going to throw up."

Steve shook his head with a chuckle and admonished, "Be nice, princess."

Bucky, however, was not enjoying Eva's new attitude and said, "Seriously? You're acting like a child, Evelyn."

Eva glared at him as she retorted, "I can always throw another dagger, Buck."

"I thought the ritual had fixed everything," replied a worried Wanda.

Loki shook his head as he responded, "It will take some time for our traits and emotions to even out."

Reading Loki's mind, Eva added, "Even then, I'll still be, well, less filtered." She gave a mischievous laugh. "Hope that's not inconvenient."

Hank, having seen how "filtered" Eva could be when angry, said in a concerned tone, "This should be fun."