Chapter 1: Becoming a Hero for One Day

This world is not your average one. In actuality, the bulk of superpowered people on this planet live in a civilization entirely composed of superheroes. Nobody was sure how it happened, but everyone began experimenting with different substances and systemic modifications developing a strange uncanny abilities. Humanity has always been at risk from those who misuse their powers.

Villains, are those who, in the face of superpowers, have lost their humanity.That's why heroes are created to contrast their transgression.

A new generation of heroes assumes the duty of the one who will uphold world peace with each passing year.Because of this, schools for heroes are designed to develop children with special talents. Teachers have the duty of raising future heroes and providing a better example of what true glory and justice look like.

That didn't, however, stop people from committing evil deeds. The market for new superheroes is growing.There are now more hero schools created.

My peers are eager to become heroes one day.

Their thoughts are constantly focused on the school they wish to attend. Still, a large number of people expressed interest in enrolling in PAFH, the Promised Academy for the Future Heroes.There is a strong likelihood that anyone who enrols in this academy will succeed in becoming a true superhero

My best friend Connor Lender, he wishes
to enter PAFH, but it was deem impossible, Why is it considered impossible?

Because nobody knew how to enter in that school.

Each year only maximum of thirty students manage to enter in, but nobody knows how.

Many people have heard rumours that there is a secret test concealed in phoney websites, and if you manage to achieve a high mark they will call you, or that there is a letter of application buried around town that, if you locate, will ensure your spot in the academy. Naturally, these are merely rumors—no one is aware of the actual enrollment process.Not even for Connor. I recall him saying once that "nothing is impossible, as long as you work hard and maintain your determination, the impossible will be possible." Honestly, I don't know how we are even friends because, he enjoys socialising, while I don't.

I'm surprised he even talks to me.

Selecting a school isn't a huge concern for me; all I need to do is locate one where there aren't many people around. However, Connor is adamant that I accompany him on his mission to get into PAFH. However, it will only be a waste of time.

My name is Alan Black, and this is my story when my experience in PAFH was short lived.

It was a scorching summer.With the AC running, the curtains closed, the lights off, and my parents outside, I was sound asleep in my bed. I'm basically spending my summer vacation by myself at home.

Until someone came in to disturb my slumber.

I pretended to be utterly unaware of the continuous ringing of the bell and paid no attention to the visitor. Sadly, this stranger isn't your typical one; in fact, it's someone I've avoided my entire life and who has suddenly materialised in close proximity to me.

"Wakey wakey Alan Blacky, is time to get up or else you'll lose the chance to enroll in PAFH"

I was still asleep but I can feel someone's presence staring right at my face.

When I opened my eyes I saw him with a big creepy happy smile standing still doing nothing.

That is when our eyes meet. Afterwards I stood up from bed left the bedroom and when straight to have breakfast while Conner is still up in my bedroom smiling at my empty bed.