Promise XI

My entire body feels too sore.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I could barely lift my eyelids up to see the world today. All my muscles feel like they would rather not move.

"My beloved wife."

The culprit of my demise rubbed his nose against my cheek and pecked my cheek and temple.

Tsk.

Without opening my eyes, I shrugged away from his cuddle and turned the other way. He chuckled as his arms pulled me by the waist, and I was soon being spooned from the back with one of his arms under my neck and his breath on the top of my head.

"Are you still tired?"

I pouted and lightly pinched the back of his hand on my waist. "Don't talk to me."

His hug just got tighter as a hearty laugh escaped his lips, his chest vibrating against my back. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry, my Xiao Nuo. I won't push you too hard next time, hmm?"

As a response, I rubbed his arm that was on my waist and finally turned to look at my husband. Life is really unfair; when I am this tired and groggy, this man looks like a boy who was handed a lifetime supply of candy without much trace of being tired.

"Good morning, gorgeous."

He beamed at me and dropped a lingering, hot kiss on my forehead. My heart swelled with his kiss; my heart is blooming with happiness, and I feel like everything is a dream.

I took in the scent of his shampoo, and I smiled back at him. "Good morning, husband."

The entire day, Yunxi pampered me, and I daresay more than usual. He insisted on helping me wash up, dress up, and do the usual meal feeding. Though he pampers me all the time, his behaviour today is way over the top.

"Luo Yunxi, stop it."

I turned my head the other way as he kissed my jawline again, trying to ignore the senses that were waking up from his kisses. He pulled me tighter in his arms and placed his chin on my shoulder. All of this time, I thought he was affectionate enough, but it wasn't until last night that I realised that he had been holding back a lot. This man is a beast when allowed to be so.

"Even if I hug and kiss you all day, it doesn't feel enough. I love you."

His whisper tickled my ears as I blushed at his words for the umpteenth time today. We spent the entire day together, and it felt like a real blessing from heaven.

I turned to him and encircled his neck with my arms. His palms rested on my waist as he looked at me with his sparkling eyes. The very eyes that I have drowned in and yet still could never get enough of being lost in.

"Luo Yunxi, I-"

I love you.

I couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth. My lips stammered, and he looked at me patiently, and yet it feels like the words are just stuck there at the tip of my tongue.

"I know."

He pulled me into a warm hug.

"I know, Xiao Nuo. I can feel it with my heart."

---

I looked out of the window and looked at the beautiful architecture that covers a vast area around us. The city is famous for its beautiful and classical scenery, and tourism here is on the upswing, even among the locals themselves.

"Come in."

I responded to the light knocking on the door. Without even turning back, I know that must be Xiao Li, my assistant that Grandpa has appointed for me.