1. The Breaking

The smell of petrichor perpetuates the air as the rain drums on the roofs and lonely streets of Musutafu. There on these roofs stands a lone figure.

The wind picks up its pace, and the screams of the lonely roof watcher go unheard as they break. Their hands shake violently. Tears fall on the concrete floor. They can't breathe!
Vision blurry, unable to focus on anything but the agonizing memories.

'You cannot become a hero'
'I am sorry Izuku!'
'I hate to tell you, however. Your son is quirkless.'
'If you want to have a quirk, then maybe you should take a swan dive and pray for a better one in your next life!'

Their flashbacks end abruptly with an agonizing scream. Nobody is there to stop them as they dive.

The year is 2187, roughly 200 years since the awakening of human genetics in a way that nobody could have predicted. This event is now known as the dawn of quirks.
What became a local phenomenon soon took over the world with a bang.
Thus, that brings us to today, the time of reversal.
Roughly 80% of people have a specific gene known as Quirk Factor. This gene allows them to use previously unexplainable abilities.
The rest of the world's population is now known as the quirkless. Quirkless people are at the bottom of the barrel in today's society. Without a fundamental part of one's life, which is their quirk.
Of these 20 percent, 80% are of retirement age, pushing their late 90s.
Izuku Midoriya is part of the minuscule new generation of quirkless. Thus, his life has been naught but suffering. Bullying, being told he could never achieve his dream.
Thus, that information brings us back to the present.

White bandage shoots out, grabbing his ankle as he falls. It springs as the weight kicks in. Afterward, it slowly rises to the roof.

And Izuku comes face to face with the man known as EraserHead.