Chapter 20

Bailey had been searching for jobs online for a week now. There were plenty of jobs, all of those matched her profile, she did send her resume to a bunch of them, but heard nothing! But she her patience didn't budge. She would not give up so easily, that was not her nature. During this week, she noticed Derek was not his usual self. He was leaving home early and would come later at night, sometimes even Bailey had gone to bed. She tried talking to him, but he always busy on his phone or his laptop.

He must be frustrated with his work! She would think like that but her heart kept sinking as the days passed.

What if is he is bored with me! What if he doesn't love me anymore!!

These thoughts would make her depressed, no matter what she did to make herself busy, she could feel Derek slipping away from her.

One night, Derek was home early. Bailey was excited to see him. A ray of hope peaked in her heart.

"Hey, you are early today. I am happy, you know."
Derek looked at Bailey and spoke,

"How about you and I go for a date tonight?"

Bailey was on cloud nine, she could fly. She threw her hands around him and hugged him tighter.

"I would love to, Derek. I really missed you these days!"

Bailey quickly got busy in getting ready. She had bought a beautiful black dress before her mother passed away but never got a chance to wear it. She had bought the dress to wear it in some fancy charity event Derek was invited to but she could not go due to recent circumstances. But today was the perfect opportunity. Derek was taking to her this magnificent five start hotel in the city. She had only seen pictures of it. Apparently it was owned by a big businessman. Derek had specially asked her to get all dressed up.

Is he going to propose today!!!
Bailey was smiling ear to ear. She was imagining all kinds of things in the world, she imagined how Derek would propose, how they would get married, have kids and so on. She felt giddy, butterflies swarming in her stomach. She was finding jobs and would get one soon, Derek might propose and they will get married, she thought. Finally, her life was getting back on track.

She looked for the last time in the mirror. She was ready! When she exited the room, Derek was all dressed up in a black suit. He looked very handsome, she thought. Derek saw her and immediately kissed her,

"You look gorgeous."
Bailey blushed, she spoke softly,
"Thank you. You look good too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bailey and Derek reached the venue and got out of the car. Roman took Bailey's hand into his and spoke,

"Let's go."
With a big smile Bailey nodded and they entered the hotel. The inside was magnificent indeed. The huge hall, old paintings, big windows were breathtaking. It looked like she entered in some European castle. It was much more beautiful than the pictures.

"Derek, this is beautiful." She spoked in a hushed tone.

"Wait until you see the room after the dinner."

Bailey was extremely excited for that. She was now completely sure that Derek would propose. And she was ready to say yes!

They were seated at a beautiful corner table, they were only there, nobody else. They had a full course meal with an expensive wine. Bailey never had the chance to experience all of this luxury but thanks to Derek, she was able to enjoy. This was the best date ever.