Chapter 1

Hello everyone :)

Just so you know, this story is set between the 5th and 6th series of Doctor Who. And my version of Spider-Man is not connected to any other stories and is influenced by a little bit of everything. Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Spider-Man or Doctor Who and I do not claim to. They are owned by the BBC and Marvel.

...

'Vwarp, vwarp' went the familiar sound of the TARDIS as Amy Pond leaned against the console, watching as the centre piece moved up and down, perfectly in time with the sound of the ancient alien engines as they flew through time and space. The TARDIS, standing for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space, is a Time Machine owned by her old friend the Doctor, who just so happens to be an alien from outer space, a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, but better known to Amy as a mad man with a box, (and a very awesome box at that), her raggedy man. You see, Amy has known the Doctor since she was a very little girl, ever since when he'd come crash landing in her back yard in his little blue box to rescue her. When he suddenly disappeared, she had waited for him to return, and many years later, he did.

"Amy, have you seen my other shoe?" came the lovable voice of her husband, Rory, from across the console room.

"No Rory, I have not seen your shoe, how do you lose a shoe in here?" came Amy's reply.

"They're my brand new ones. I got them in 2025 when we went on that shopping trip - that you dragged me into, and have you seen this place, it's huge, I could lose myself for weeks in these corridors," Rory rambled on, while noticeably walking around slightly awkwardly with one shoe on.

Amy sighed at her husband in her typically annoyed manner. "Oh come on, I'm sure you can find it, did you look under my pile of clothes on the floor?" she suggested.

"No I did not look under the wife's pile of clothes," Rory mumbled to himself as he turned to walk back to their room.

"...Or under the bunk beds, or in the back of the 'bigger on the inside' wardrobe," Amy yelled after him.

"Yeah I get it," he yelled back, "but if I don't find it, don't expect me to walk around on some planet somewhere with only one shoe," he said, as he disappeared around the corner.

Amy rolled her eyes before focusing her attention on the figure that had been messing around clumsily on the other side of the console. "So, where are we going?" she asked the Doctor, skipping lightly around the console to get a better look at what he was doing. He was madly fiddling around with all the different levers, switches and dials. Some of the lights on the console were flashing and the TARDIS made an odd noise that sounded suspiciously like she wasn't too happy about something.

"New York," he said cheerily, while messing around with something that looked oddly much like an old toaster.

"Oh, ok, when in New York?" she asked, while staring at the toaster.

"Uh, I don't know," he said unsurely, pulling a sheepish face. "Time's gone wobbly," he continued, while tapping the flat screen that was crackling a little with static. He then pulled a confused and questioning face, before suddenly ducking down beneath the console and pulling bits open. Wires quickly fell out everywhere. The TARDIS shuddered slightly as he began to work.

"What do you mean wobbly? Time's always wobbly with you," she said as a matter of fact while leaning sideways against the console, crossing her arms as she watched him work feverishly.

"Like I don't know wobbly, something's gone weird with the space time continuum. We could literally turn up anytime, anyplace. Which in this case just happens to be New York in a time I'm not familiar with, and the TARDIS is going crazy," he said, practically hidden amongst all the tangled wires. He paused and then slowly came out, standing back up with a look of realization on his face, almost as if a light bulb had turned on just above his head. "But at the same time it's like she's bringing us here on purpose," he continued. "What are you doing old girl, hey?" he said, turning to the console and stroking it, deeply in thought.