Her True Power

AHH IT'S HERE!

~

Itachi hated being compared to him, the man was worse than anyone else here. Experimenting on children, hurting them, it was despicable. He didn't want to be associated with him in any way. Itachi was cruel, but not as much as a man who tore children open while they were awake, begging and screaming. It angered him to think about how the girl he was looking at right now had to experience that for such a long time.

Even saying his name brought back bad memories for Harumi, speaking it made fear spread through her body. The man who condemned her to so much torture, pain, and trauma. He was still alive and well, never caught. She tried to run so many times, but he caught her every time. She was punished for it. Every. Single. Time. Not once was she spared, not once did they care that she was only a little girl who was scared and wanted to go back home. 

Instead, they treated her like a slave, working her every hour of the day, and punishing her until only what it took not to kill her. She couldn't erase the memories from her mind, no matter how hard she tried. She hated it, she hated how she still shook if someone touched her too suddenly, she hated how she would have flashbacks, nightmares and panic attacks because of him. She hated how he broke her down to the point where the only two things she could feel were fear and pain.

Kabuto had trained all the aspects of medical ninjutsu into her, hours and hours of training for it. She became a master at it. She soon found out why. After fights, she was left there, bloody and bruised, her body shutting down. She was forced to heal herself. No one else was going to help her, she had to do it herself. One time, she didn't heal herself. She was too injured to move, and was on the brink of death, and only then did Kabuto step in. She remembered the disgusted disappointment in his eyes as he watched her bleed out.

After that, Harumi remembered waking up in a clinic. The moment she was awake, she was forced out of the bed. Kabuto decided since she hadn't improved her medical ninjutsu enough, she'd help heal the other prisoners there until she was out of chakra or passed out. Whichever

came first. That day was exhausting, she remembered her tiny legs running around, trying to heal as many people as possible. She remembered begging Kabuto to let her rest for even a second, but he refused. He said it was either this or whatever Lord Orochimaru had planned. She ended up running out of chakra first. She remembered the helpless feeling she felt when she couldn't move her arms or legs. How she felt when she had to be hooked up to the machines to make sure she didn't die while she was awake.

That was one of her easier days though, the others were just pure torture for her. She shook her head, refusing to keep reminding herself of how terrible those days were.

She barely managed to escape, and she had scars to prove it. Orochimaru was never able to put a curse mark on her. The thing inside her would reject it and oh god, she remembered how painful it was when he was rejecting it. It burned, she was only awake for the first minute before she passed out, but it was one of the most painful minutes of her life. Orochimaru didn't try to put another one after that, he knew there was no point. Not to mention that he didn't want to lose his prodigy specimen. She gritted her teeth and shook her head, turning away and crossing her arms.

'I know it's technically not your fault, but god damn it. You're always getting me into trouble' thought Harumi.

I'm sorry.

She sighed, feeling bad now. She looked around, were the others not going to come down? She turned back to Itachi, her eyes studying him. He was as quiet as always, but she wanted to fish some information out of him.

"The Akatsuki, huh? I never thought you'd go as far as to join a terrorist group," Harumi said. His silence continued, so she added "I saw Sasuke a while ago by the way."