𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6 - 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆

Shim Suryeon's POV:

While Seok Kyung and Seok Hoon distracted Miss Jin, me and Logan snuck into the cottage to see Min Seol Ah in astonishment. Before I knew it, she leaped at me and Logan hugging us tightly. 

She pulled away, excited. "You guys came! You really came to get me!" she exclaimed, teary-eyed. 

"Of course, we did. Now let's get out of here, there's so much you need to know." I said, smiling. 

Quickly, we ushered Min Seol Ah into Logan's car. I then turned to the Joo siblings who had successfully gotten Miss Jin into the other car. 

"Seok Kyung! Seok Hoon! Quick, get in!" called out Logan.

Rapidly, Seok Kyung and Seok Hoon ran to the car and got into the backseat. And then we were off, driving back to the hotel.

Min Seol Ah's POV:

Sitting in between Seok Kyung and Seok Hoon, I let out a gasp of relief. "To think I thought I'd never get out of the cottage to see the light of day again." I thought to myself.

To my surprise, Seok Kyung leaned towards me and beamed. "Great to see you again, Min Seol Ah." She said. 

I blinked. Seok Kyung was being nice to me? What was going on? Didn't she despise me because I was the first to get into Cheong A Art's High and I was her tutor? 

Sensing my confusion, Miss Shim turned to me. "Don't worry, I promise to explain everything once we get to Logan's hotel," she reassured me.

At the hotel...

I gasped. I knew Logan and his family were rich but the luxurious decor of his hotel astonished me. Everything looked pristine and lavish. 

Logan grabbed my hand. "Let's get you into the elevator up to the rooms, I'm sure you must have as many questions as we do." He said with a grin. 

The rooms were even more expensive looking, huge flower arrangements were everywhere along with countless marble floors and gold trim. We all sat down on some comfy sofas while room service served us chocolate chip cookies and tea. 

"Shim Suryeon has some news for you, Min Seol Ah," Logan informed me. 

I watched as Shim Suryeon calmly settled down her teacup after sipping a bit of tea. "This may come as a shock to you, but the truth is: You are my biological daughter. Dan Te hired someone to switch you with another baby when you were born. And also, you and Seok Kyung are related by blood. You're twins."  She confessed, nervously anticipating my reaction.

Swallowing a slab of chocolate chip cookie, I processed the information. It all made sense now, why Shim Suryeon insisted on helping me escape with Logan, and why Seok Kyung was so friendly towards me in the car:  I was related to Shim Suryeon and Seok Kyung. I was Miss Shim's biological daughter. 

"I understand, this must be a lot for you to take in. But I hope you'll be willing to be a part of our family when you're ready." Miss Shim said, giving me a reassuring smile. 

Seok Kyung nodded in agreement with her Mom and turned to me. "I know from the start I was horrible to you and how you suffered so much because of me, and the rest of the adults and kids at Hera Palace. I deeply regret my actions and I desperately want to make up for everything I've done. I hope you'll forgive me one day Seol Ah." She apologized to me sincerely.

I sat on the sofa still processing this news, my teacup trembling in my hands. I suddenly stood up to everyone's surprise. 

"I-I.. think I need a moment...may I be excused?" I asked.

Logan sensing I may be overwhelmed, stood up as well. "Of course, Seol Ah. Let me show you to your hotel room." He answered, guiding me to the room. 

Once the door of the room was shut, I sank down to the floor tears streaming from my eyes. Seeing this, Logan crouched down to my level with a handkerchief and wiped my tears.

"Min Seol Ah, are you okay? Tell me what's wrong." He queried genuinely concerned for me.

He took the handkerchief away from my face and watched as I took a deep breath. Once I had finally calmed down, I looked deeply into my stepbrother's brown eyes. 

"Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I've found my mom at last and she's an amazing woman. But.. it's been so long since I've been a part of an actual family. I'm just worried about whether I'll fit in with them all." I answered, relieved that the weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

Feeling sympathetic for me, Logan hugged me and then pulled away. 

"Seol Ah, you're an incredibly talented, beautiful, and smart girl. And I have no doubt that you'll fit in just fine." He reassured me. 

"Really? You really think so, Logan?" I asked, my eyes widening in doubt. 

He smiled reassuringly. "Yes, I'm sure. There's no need to worry or be afraid anymore." He answered. 

I hugged him back. "Thank you, Logan, you're the best brother I've ever had," I exclaimed, my eyes starting to glisten with tears once again.

He hugged me back. "I was only doing the bare minimum. Now, you better get ready for bed." He said to me with a grin. 

I nodded. "I will," I promised him. 

𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 6