The Other Sister.

I have been desperately in love with Lachlan Hawke since I was twelve. 

The boy full of promises and potential. The boy that had all heads turning wherever he went. The boy that you would want to bring home to your parents.

And he was the boy that was brought home to meet my parents, I just wasn't the Brye twin he came with.

Growing up in my twin sister's shadow, I had grown accustom to the knowledge that I'd never meet the high pedestal my parent's put Lilly on.

So when I met Lachlan Hawke and there was an immediate connection, I finally thought I had something Lilly didn't.

Until Lachlan and Lilly started dating.

Hazel Brye was like a movie. Radiating with purity and innocence. Full of security and certainty. And hands down the prettiest girl I had ever seen.

So when I decide to grow some balls and ask her out, I'm shocked to find out that she has a boyfriend, according to Lilly. 

So what does my thirteen year old brain do? It decides that Lilly is close enough.

And when I start feeling under pressure of being the Mayor's first son and making sure I secure a spot on the rugby team, I stay with Lilly.

But every time I see Hazel Brye and her innocent eyes, I'm constantly reminded of that silly crush I had at thirteen.

And when things hit the fan with Lilly, I turn to Hazel for help.

Which causes my mind to wonder if I ever got over my silly crush, or has that crush turned into something deeper?

And better question, does Hazel feel the same?

(Based in Australia, 1990's)

Hello my favourite readers! 

Welcome to my new book series, "The Hawke Brother's".

If you haven't seen my post about stopping the writing process for my other series "Don't", this is a reminder. When I first started writing the series I had no inspiration, and no idea how to write a bloody book. I also had a very terrible storyline for the characters and a knowledge that it would get very complicated. 

So here I am, trying a new series. A series that I believe you will firmly enjoy. 

This book series is based in Queensland, Australia in the 1990's. It follows the stories of each Hawke brother as they grow up and navigate their high school life and adulthood. 

The first book will follow the eldest son, Lachlan Hawke. An ambitious boy with a heart of gold, that likes to follow rules and make sure he's making everyone proud. (The other sister)

The second book will follow the middle child, Nathan Hawke. The manic, crazed, psycho, that itches to feel something other than nothing, but is stuck in a loop of dread. (The Rodeo Prize) 

The third and final book will follow, Nicolas Hawke. The youngest son who knows he's nothing like his competitive brothers, and deep down knows he's more different than the same. (The Friendship Pact)

© All Rights Reserved 

No part of this may be reproduced or copied without consent and permission. 

This work is only fiction. Any names or characters are purely from authors imagination, any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead or situations, are entirely coincidental.