Joy from tears

121 AC-

Naelarys held her dress; careful not to trip. Her mother told her about how the dress fabric would tear and become dirty. Constantly changing her posture and the steps she takes. Her hair had been twisted and twisted, with jewels embellished between each coil.

She paced faster and faster. Longer strides towards the large dark door. The one she was all too familiar with. The rose and vine design carved into the wood. The cracked walls beside it from years of opening the door against it.

"Rhaenyra?" Naelarys soft voice croaked out, her small first hit the door. She heard the echoes across the halls.

The door slowly creaked open with a tall women adorned in a red dress and a brown apron over it. "Princess Naelarys?" The women saw the young girl.

"Rhaenyra." Naelarys said, her eyes shifting to the women's brown shoes poking from her dress.

The women opened the door further, which revealed Rhaenyra and Jacaerys. "Naelarys?" Jacaerys quickly ran to the girl.

Her eyes glistened like stars. Her lip trembled. "What is wrong, Naelarys?" Rhaenyra asked, stepping up.

"M-mother told me off." She looked down, already guilty for disrupting a fond moment between the family just because of her silly problems.

"Oh, come here. Tell me what happened?" Rhaenyra offered. Her hand reaching forward and walking towards a chair.

"Father was explaining... marriage. He said Heleana must be married. Mother recommended Aegon. T-then I said Heleana shouldn't marry. Then mother said I'd be married next. I cried. She told me off... she shouted." Naelarys explained, her fingers twisting together like her hair. She touched the green fabric of her dress, playing with the hem like her fingers. Until she remembered what her mother had told her. How her dress would look horrible and would tear.

"Oh, Naelarys." Rhaenyra said, her hand lifting up to wipe her tears. "You do not need to marry so soon. You are seven." Rhaenyra stared at the girl, feeling memories of her own reluctance to marry flooding over. "The men of the realm would never do such a thing."  Rhaenyra smiled, although the lies will soon catch the young girl. As of right now it was comforting. "Who would your mother marry you to?"

"Probably Aemond or Daeron? I don't know any other person." Rhaenyra's heart sank. The young girl didn't even know anyone other than her own family and she already fears marriage.

"You could marry me, Naelarys." Jacaerys smiled towards the girl. "I-if you wanted, of course." His eyes widened, slightly panicked. This calmed when Naelarys smiled towards him.

"You have a beautiful smile." Rhaenyra said. She joined the two children in the joy.

The fire glowed against their cheeks. The girl who cried had finally fallen into a joyful atmosphere. She felt more calm with Jacaerys and Rhaenyra than with her own mother.

A/N
Small chapter!!