Prologue.

(M/N) - Mother's Name.

3rd Person POV :

A pregnant woman that's in her late-forties. She grew up in peace as a member of the Ratri Clan without being concerned about being shipped to the demons. But she won't ever forget the sins she committed as long as she lives. The innocent children she sacrificed in order to survive and the cruel farms that existed in this world.

Around 10:47 p.m. on March 9, 2034.

The labor room's demanding situation is becoming increasingly stressful. Although it is a location where new life is introduced to the world, it is also a place where suffering and discomfort exist. The ambiance of the childbirth space may have a major effect on both the mother and the baby.

The mother gave birth to a pair lovely young girls, and she exhaled a breath of relief. Silence fills the delivery room. When none of the babies cry out, the doctor's eyes enlarge in realisation. At that precise moment, the mother's smile vanished, leaving behind a visage that was somewhat tinged with fear and grief. Her eyes began to well up with tears, and she bit her lip in an effort to stop them from crying out.

She stared at her kids in the doctor's arms with wide eyes since neither of her daughters wailed. Nothing nurses and doctors do to help the babies does any good. Despite their best efforts, the infants barely responded. The mother whimpered in misery as tears slowly started flow down her cheeks.

"Do whatsoever you can in order to save my daughters, please." She cried out in an audible sob, pleading urgently. Her eyes filled up with tears as she prayed for the well-being of her new newborns. She would sacrifice her life for the sake of her beloved, adorable little kids without hesitation.

"My Lord, I beg you, please help me. I would go to any lengths to save my girls, paying any price."

She sobbed discretely about a few minutes before she lost consciousness, losing track all that had happened.

Anything that can be done must be done. anything at all.

Slowly, she managed to familiarize her eyes to the new light and unusual surroundings. She sits up with her arms as support, her eyes widen as she breathes out an inaudible gasp given that she is too stunned to speak. She is facing a diminutive, childlike figure. He's dressed regal attire with a hood. His head is a huge skull with horns. He has a single, large green eye in the center, encircled by three stars.

"What a miserable creature you are, what an awful situation you have to endure." He made a point of it.

"Y-you.." She whispered discretely to herself. "You are Him" she added.

'Him' is revered as a divinity and is known as the Demon King, who appears to be the total ruler of all demons and the Demon World. During the Tifari festivities premium farm children in the top scores are offered as sacrifices to him. His real name is stated multiple times throughout the text, however it is always written in demon writing.

He is believed to be in an unexplained place with a dragon and to reside in a special dimension where the laws of time and physics do not apply. Anyone who desires to get in touch with him has to go through a specific ceremony and test that includes odd metaphysical riddles. He is considerably different from the other demons and possesses specific abilities that let him rule the demon universe.

"Indeed, I am." His voice was calm as he replied.

"But, why? I neither wish to see you nor did I performed the ritual." She responded, perplexed.

"That is irrelevant. Everything bores me." He gave a blank reply.

She tilts her head slightly and stares at him with a baffled smile. "What..?"

She remembers the situation she was in though before her pupils widen in horror.

"I heard about your appeal, (M/N), and I'm considering offering you an opportunity to save your daughter."

"Really?" Unsure, she inquired. She feels lost, hopeless, and desperate. But she would take the risk, though, if it meant that her daughters could be saved "Save my daughters, please. I'd do anything for you" She begged fervently.

"I can give any thing for the those little ones. anything-intelligence, enchantment, generosity, and so forth but there's prerequisites." He explained.

"What exactly is it? I'm willing to accept." She responded without thought, as she seemed in an obviously delighted feelings.

"Since the other one is already dead, I'll only be able to save one of them. But she will grow up with a curse that lives inside of her. Once the entrance to the human world opens, she will be declared dead."

Hearing his words, her heart sank immediately. She remained silent for a few moments before giving him a hesitate nod. "I understand."

And with that as an emblem of their deal, a birthmark in the shape of a red heart appeared on the baby's left wrist.

A/N : This is so bad. I'm sorry (• ▽ •;).