Tag Part 1

They spend the most of their waking hours together, but they are not siblings. For all intents and purposes, she is their mother. Notwithstanding the fact that they are not related by blood. This is The Grace Field House , the orphanage.

Emma POV :

"Then it's on to the next problem: figuring out how to bring everyone with us."

"Our main issue is that everyone trusts Mama. And many of the children would probably be unable to bear the truth."

"We may even have to lie to them."

"Furthermore, some of them have a minimal amount stamina.."

"..or are just simply dumb."

"Ray!"

"But you can't deny it."

"Most of them can't even walk yet, and those who can usually stink at sprinting."

"To be honest, they're quite serious burden."

"Burden."

"Burden."

"Burden."

When Ray highlighted the potential of the outer world, I began to doubt myself. I understand it's nearly difficult to flee with everyone. I'm aware of how frail and vulnerable the other youngsters are. I understand, but I can't leave them here. Not since I discovered the truth about this orphanage.

Anything but them. Not my family. Not them.

I can't image what my life or how I would continue to live if they died. Phil, Sherry, Jemima, Alicia, Yvette, Don, Gilda, Ray..Norman.. everyone..

Then I realized that, the thing that one should fear the most is regret and not failure. That's why I've determined to go to whatever length to escape. Not just me...but everyone.

Tag. We're using tag as a cover for our escape training. To increase our stamina and that of the children so that we can survive out there. Tag can helps them to build a variety of physical qualities such as movement, agility, balance, coordination, and spatial awareness. They can develop these skills through play. Furthermore, the game can be played in our spare time and practically anywhere.

"Looks like you all are having fun, care to let me join?" A unexpected voice spoke up causing me and the others (Norman and Ray) to look at her with slightly widened eyes. "What? Why?" Ray asked her a question with a sceptical expression on his face.

"I want to become friends with everyone , let's play a game of tag!" Sister Krone responded pleasantly, her tone of voice different than usual, thereby but none of the younger children noticed. Probably since they've taken a liking to her. "(Y/N) will join us too! Right, (Y/N)?" Krone turned to the side, revealing the smaller girl behind her, as she looked at (Y/N) with a smile that nearly begged her to join the game.

"In fact, I will." The (H/C) girl responded. When the elder child accepted to play with them for the first time, the kids burst out smiling out of joy. "Is she just trying to get in our way?" Ray spoke up. "Or maybe to look into us?" He went on. "She won't be able to find anything, so don't worry." Norman answered. "We're just going to play an intricate game of tag. She won't be able to put a halt to our good time."

Don't be scared.

How would I react if I was oblivius to the situation?

I would have been super excited.

Smile, Emma.

That's right.

"This is our chance— a chance to get to know our enemy."

A/N: Sorry, this is a really short chapter. (༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)