The Pendant of Beginning

"I hope all of you will find the beauty of this world. I hope all of you will find adventures day after day alongside the pokemon of this world."

"And your futures."

...

A girl with long, wavy, dirty blonde hair walked down the sidewalk. A pin shone on her school suit that showed a pokeball and Kyogre, the legendary God of the seas. Beside her walked Liko, her friend she had met since being in Kanto.

"Don't worry, Liko, we'll be fine! In fact, I'm excited about this new school. Think about it, we'll be learning about pokemon! And I'll be able to pursue my music." She said. Her name was June Olivern, and she was the Hoenn Champion. She had been sent to school with her new friend Liko.

"Mhm. I guess it's important that you do so. You are a very talented singer." Liko responded. She seemed nervous, and June had to admit, she was too. How everyone would react to her current Hoenn champion status was not quite simple. She did think, however, that it was simple enough to try and get in some learning.

"Oh, found it!" Liko said suddenly. "Route 22. Yep, no mistake. Come on, June, the bus will be here any minute." She took her luggage and walked towards the bus stop with June in close pursuit.

June and Lico stopped as a girl was waving. They were confused for a second until another girl came from behind. "Hey! Sorry for keeping you waiting!" She said, sitting down by the other girl.

As liko and June sat down, they two girls looked at them. "Someone you know?" One asked. "No. But that one girl is the Hoenn Champion, June."

June flipped through her Rotom-phone as they were waiting. He was oddly quiet today, but the shake-up from their last adventure had kept him quiet for a while. He was definitely missing the team.

'I hope he isn't too sad about it. He's a wonderful dex.' June thought. She felt bad for leaving them behind, but the flurry of time led to her having no other option.

She looked up as the bus for the school pulled up. She stood up immeditaley, holding her luggage in her hand. Rotom just muttered something under his breath, but she paid no attention.

"Hey! Wait!" A voice shouted. She looked to her side and saw nearly all of Team Aqua and Team Magma headed towards her.

'Oh boy, this is embarassing...' She thought. She had no time to contemplate as Archie swept her up in a tight hug. She could feel Rotom being squished between them, once again lucky that his screen was uncrackable.

"Oh, June, we wanted to say goodbye! We know you haven't had the best recent adventure, and we just want to make sure you wouldn't be too nervous." Archie said as June pulled away. Maxie walked up beside him, and...was that lipstick on his neck?

"Yeah, I'm sure Maxie wasn't too nervous last night, too." June joked, covering her mouth with her hand and giggled as Maxie looked at her with a shocked face.

"Oh, he sure wasn't~" Archie joked, and blew a kiss at Maxie. He looked away, flustered, as a little Machop took her bag.

"Hey, don't sweat it, Maxie. I'll be just fine. I gotta go now. Bye!" She waved as she climbed on the bus. She quickly fished out her earbuds and stuck them in as the bus doors shut.

The bus drove away, and as the music started to play in her ears, she looked out at the landscape around her. It changed and shifted around her and soon bursted into life.

The world looked fresh as Butterfree flapped around the trees, and Pidgeys plucked fruit from the treetops. Fearows glided in the breeze, watching Flareons shoot at targets below.

The bus slowly pulled up to the school. It was large and beautiful, with all kinds of trainers around. Stepping along the paths that had been made, she made small conversations with many admiring peers and spoke lovingly about their experiences with pokemon.

'Room 304. So this is where I'll be! I'm right next to Liko too.' She thought. Liko was looking at the room beside her, which was room 303.

There was a crashing noise that sounded like metal and a wooden floor crashing together. There was a short shout and suddenly the door flung open. There was somebody standing there, and she knew who it was.

"Brendan?" She said in astonishment. Her own best friend that had traveled with her in every region she had been too. "I thought you said you would be going to somewhere that you couldn't join me for a while!"

"Hah, I did! I guess we both ended up back together again!" He said, rubbing the back of his head. He was her same age and, although he hadn't beat her in Hoenn, had gone on to become Kalos champion with his Delphox.

"C-Come in! I guess we're even roommates now, June!" She didn't have a choice as he pulled her in, and she was set down on the bed before she knew it.

...

"So you say you think you'll be going to Paldea after the school year?" June said as she unpacked her stuff. Rotom was busying himself with piling her clothes, such as her purple and white hoodie she loved to wear.

"Yeah, my mom says the region is known for being great for all kinds of trainers. My brother stayed there for a few years, and he only left when his champion title was beaten. He still uses that same pokemon team."

"You could do yourself some good by joining him as well. Your friend Liko is from there too." Rotom said, looking back at them. He had a shoe strung over his head and some shoelaces draped over his side.

"Sure, Rotom. I probably will if Brendan's going there." She said with a shrug. She knew Rotom really just wanted to fill his dex with new pokemon. His self-esteem was especially boosted after his big feat on their last adventure.

"So...Sinnoh, am I right? Really changed after we basically fought the gods of time, space, the devil, and God. All while possibly being stuck forever before Sinnoh was Sinnoh." Brendan said, taking out his pokemeter. It hadn't worked back in Sinnoh, or what was Sinnoh, but it worked now that they were essentially back in the correct time.

"Yeah. Hey, do you know any Paldean pokemon?" June asked.

"Oh, do I! When he got there, he got to choose out of three pokemon, and I would have chosen Sprigatito! She's this little grass type cat, and she's so cute!" Brendan began to ramble about Sprigatito and her evolutions and how they were so interesting.

...

It was a couple hours later, and June and Brendan were walking around the school grounds. It was cool to see all the other trainers with their pokemon around.

"So how do you think it'll go getting your partner pokemon?" Brendan asked.

"Oh, after initiations? Well, maybe I'll get a Torchic if I'm lucky." June laughed. She wouldn't get a Torchic if there was one anyway. There was only one for her, and that was her Blaziken.

"Eh, I think this time is my chance to get Sprigatito! It's guaranteed!" Brendan said with pride. He strutted forward proudly. Out of the three pokemon of Paldea, she did prefer Fuecoco, the little fire type crocodile.

"Whoever I get, I don't mind. You know it's probably going to be a fire type anyway. That means it'll be my third time starting with a fire type!" She joked, but she knew it was true. After Blaziken, she couldn't deny the power of fire types.

...

"Pocket Monsters. Pokemon for short. This planet's strangest creatures. You can find Pokémon in the sea, the sky, forests, cities... most everywhere. People and pokemon forge all manner of bonds, living together in this world. And so, here at Sekiel School, along with the pokemon you form bonds with, I hope you will find your dreams." The announcer spoke.

"Are you all with me so far?" The teacher spoke afterward in the classroom.

"Alright then. Everyone, please restart your Rotom smartphones." Rotom was silently talking about his shiny dex entry and also his greatest one yet.