𝟎𝟏

The Birthday

"i was the one that told you we needed to be here, why do i have to stay in the car?" karina closed her car door and leant on the open-window frame. giving the red-head a smug smile before repling with, "because i'm older than you."

daphne hit her arm. "you always say that, and it is unfair considering that the only person who is older than you, is jesus!" she yelled.

"yeah, yeah." she waved her off as she made her way up the salvatore boarding house steps.

stopping outside the massive door, she brought her fist up and knocked. karina heard two voices inside, one male, one female.

"you see, that's what you should do. knock." karina smiled and stepped away, letting the door open.

a raven-haired vampire opened the door, he had a blanket around him with the bottom strands of his hair wet and his whole body soaked with large clusters of bubbles on his arms and chest.

daphne let out a wolf whistle. karina turned around and yelled, "this is why you stay in the car."

the vampire just grinned, the blonde turned back to see the young vampire smirking himself. oh the ego.

"hi, you must be damon." she tilted her head to see the female behind him.

a grin formed on her lips. "shouldn't you be dead?" she pointed.

the brunette held a scared and worried look.

her vision was blocked by damon who stood protectively infront of the doppelganger.

"who are you?" karina just smirked. "i suggest you let me and my friend in. believe it or not, it'll do you good."

he eyed the two girls carefully before standing to the side. "come on in." karina walked in while daphne sped out the car and stood by the blonde's side.

the doppelganger looked scared. "i should..be, uh, going." she stuttered as she practically ran out the door. daphne just rolled her eyes.

"i'm gonna go get decent." he said and the girls both nodded.

daphne spotted the bottles of bourbon and skipped over to them.

"really, daph? this isn't our house or our shit, you can't just go around taking stuff." the blonde scolded.

"if you wanted one, you could just ask." daphne poured another before handing it to her best friend.

which she graciously accepted.

a what looked like a news reporter, walked down the stairs. not giving a glance at the two unknown girls in the living room.

damon, now clothed, ran down the stairs, grabbing his keys and looked at the girls who had confused looks on their faces.

"what do i call you two?" he asked.

the blonde pointed to herself, "karina," turning her finger to the red-head. "daphne."

he nodded, "okay, lets go." damon said, not giving them an explanation. their eyebrows raised.