ix. Love

Season one, chapter nine

"Half of her beauty is her brain"

"You can't do that" Ms. Chu refused when she heard what Mun had said "Our identity may be exposed if we intervene with the living. If we start doing favors for the deceased, they'll keep asking for more"

"I just need to share a few words with their daughter" Mun argued, lets recap, the parents who were trapped within that evil spirit had asked Mun to contact their daughter because they had something to tell her

"Be quiet" Mo-tak shushed him "Yung won't allow it. What are you going to say? 'Hey, your parents died a year ago, then they finally got to the afterlife, and they have something to tell you'?"

"I'm going to tell her" He said without paying much attention to what the adults had just told him

"What did you say?"

"She hands out flyers as she desperately looks for them. They parted without any warning. They said that they had one last thing to tell her" Mun started to say as Ms. Chu rolled her eyes in annoyance

"I'll go" Thea interrupted their argument

"Why are you getting into this?" Mo-tak asked looking at her through the mirror with a frown on his face

"Don worry. I won't cause any trouble" Thea reassured looking out the window

"I said no!" Ms. Chu exclaimed looking at both teenagers as she raised her voice

The car was silent, they had made Ms. Chu angry and when she gets angry there is no going back, so Thea had no choice but to give an apologetic look to Mun, who had a pout on his face for having been scolded several times throughout the day.

The night seemed to get long, the way home too. Thea was so tired from having exhausted all her energy holding back that rock, sometimes she wondered how it was possible that after so long her abilities had not improved? There were times when she would train day and night only to pass out on her bed the moment she put her head on the pillow.

She closed her eyes with the intention of resting a bit and she did. Because she didn't realized how long she had slept until she felt someone's head on her shoulder, she forced herself to open her eyes noticing that it was the boy next to her who had also fallen asleep, she smiled tenderly when she saw how the boy settled on her shoulder, Thea sighed deeply before taking his hand gently before closing her eyes again.

Although her eyes darted back and forth as she saw the boy's memories. She felt every feeling, heard and noticed things that made her open her eyes with a gasp of surprise, glancing down at the boy next to her with wide eyes.

[...]

Thea had had a very bad night, her eyes had barely closed when she remembered what she had seen in Mun's memories, for some reason it didn't make so much sense that his parents had died due to a drunk driver, what she heard was definitely not a drunk driver, it surely had been work of someone to end his family.