The Beginning and the End

An airborne virus released in 1989 by the Russians during the Soviet–Afghan War infects millions of people worldwide, turning them into winged, gargoyle creatures. Modern technology is wiped out. As one of the unaffected humans, you must hunt the infected humans if you are to survive. But before that let's go to where this started half a year ago Russia was working to build a super soldier but it failed and the soldier turned into a gargoyle they were confused but they just left it in containment but it escaped and what they didn't know was that it mutated in a way to where it releases the chemical that turned it into this thing. But back to you all you have is a gas mask, a bag with some food in it and a hammer. You are in an abandoned factory that is crumbling every second you stay but it's night and they are more active at night. So you decide to stay for the night and you think "How did the world come to this?” You lay down then remember seeing them kill your family you think "What happened" you try to ignore the past and go to sleep. Just before you fall asleep a metal pillar holding up the roof falls onto your leg and crushes it. You try to hold back your scream but pain overwhelms you and you scream alerting the gargoyles. You realize what just happened and you are thinking "this can't be happening this can't be how I die". They approach they are right In Front of you but suddenly someone comes down from the rafters with a sledge hammer and they look away from you and look at them but they smash them with the sledge hammer then a few more people come out wearing gas masks and discuss among themselves "are you sure we can trust him he might betray us" the one that destroyed the gargoyle says "well you trusted me" they stop talking and come over to you. You are still crying and they help get the support beam of your leg they all introduce themselves the one with the sledge hammer says "Hi I'm Ash the one with trust issues over there is Conner and the other one who helped is Fran what's your name" you stay silent and Fran comes over and wraps your leg for you "it should take awhile to heal but it will be better than leaving it unwrapped" Fran said. Ash says: "Hey we have a base around here come on we'll take you to it" you slip on your gas mask and grab your bag and hammer then you all start walking Conner still doesn't trust you but they are stuck with you now. When you guys make it to the base you realize they slip off their gas masks and you look around at  the amazing base you then see a radio "don't mess with that it's broken" Conner says you see some of the cables ripped but you found some electrical tape on the way do you tape the cables back together just in time to hear a radio announcement from the government saying "We have a bunker at x* y* z***. After the government broadcast you and your newly made team go out to find a map to find the location. You guys explore for hours then when you're about to give up you Conner spots one in the distance and alerts everyone of where it is. You all rush over to it but it starts to get dark and ash trips you stop to go back and help them up Ash says: "it's getting dark so don't worry about me go on without  me" you refuse and you get Fran to help you while Conner grabs the map then runs over to help. You all hurry back and you have to sneak around a horde of the gargoyles but you all finally made it back safely and you all mark the location on the map but you all decide to move on in the morning and throughout the night you take turns to watch out for gargoyles. The next morning you all get ready but when you're about to leave some strangers knock on your door. The others grab their weapons and get ready to fight. But when you look outside you see a group of 5 people outside. You're all curious about why they are here so you ask: "who are you all and why are you here" they respond: "we are just a group of survivors but we are trying to get more people to come with us because we found a secure bunker nearby just past the military base". You don't trust them but you all agree to tag along because the military base is on the way. You all get ready and join the group in walking. It takes you 2 hours to get your map and weapons and food because it's a long trip that will take you 4 days.   You were the last few the group were picking up as you all were leaving you looked behind you and watched the sunset on the city. You just realized that they come out more often at night and you all continue walking, getting faster each step you guys take until you are in a total sprint from a hoard of 501 gargoyles. You pass by abandoned buildings but each one there is no way left to get in. Conner starts to slow down and you stop the group and it's time to stand your ground. You all have gas masks on and weapons ready. The gargoyles come straight at you but Ash uses a sledge hammer to destroy gargoyles and you all start fighting through the night. When the fight is over you are wounded and you camp out in a makeshift tent. The next day you all continue on your path to the bunker nothing really happens in the next 3 days but on the 4th night you see the military base and you, Conner, Fran, and Ash get excited but when you approach you see that it has been torn to shreds and there aren't any survivors. You all look at each other and then you remember the survivors you're with are going to a more secure bunker to plan out how to eliminate the virus. You all see the bunker over one last hill and you run for it past hundreds of gargoyles but you all make it in and lock it. You say: "we did it, we finally made it" and you all over the course of the next few years eliminate the virus and cure the infected that remain this was the best outcome.