|Two|

The next morning Setsuko set off for the Final Selection. After a few more goodbyes and good lucks, she finally made the long tread to Mt. Fujikasane. Once there, she wasn't quite surprised to see the entire bottom part of it was covered in Wisteria. Tengen had told her about it beforehand so she knew what to expect. She took it all in. 

There were about thirty people in total. But some who really caught her eye were the Insect Pillar's Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri, the Stone Pillar's Tsuguko, Genya Shinazugawa, a boy with maroon hair who looked ready to take on anything, and a boy with blonde hair who looked ready to pass out from fear. 

Just then, a pair of twins appeared and told them the instructions on how to pass the Final Selection. But Setsuko wasn't listening though, she'd been told about them before she came. Survive for 7 days, kill any demons that come your way, and get back down the mountain. Easy. She smirked as the twins announced the start of the Final Selection. She ran forward along with everyone else.

*****

Too easy. That was what Setsuko was thinking while she took down her fifth demon that night alone. "Are these really demons?" she thought out loud. "They're not as colorful as I imagined. So it's not very colorful when I take them down either." She pouted, then sighed at she drew her blade again Sound Breathing, First Form:

⁘•⁕🖤Roar!!🖤⁕•⁘

She dashed forward and beheaded a demon before it even had the chance to sense her! She looked at the head and body as it disintegrated. "Come on!!" she yelled to no one in particular. "Gimmie a real challenge! Something worthy of the Princess of Festivals!! Something colorful!!" Just then, as if on cue, she heard someone scream. 

The bluette was quick to rush to the scene, and the sight that met her made her more excited than scared. There, before her was an extremely large demon with hands everywhere on its body from its neck all the way down to where its feet should've been. It was just about to devour one of the candidates when she dashed.

"Now, that's more like it!!" Setsuko sliced off the hand, rendering the boy free and able to run away. She faced the demon head on. "Oi! Demon! Consider yourself lucky!!" she yelled haughtily with her head held high. "Cuz you're about to die by the blade of the Princess of the Festivals!!"

The demon spared her a glance. "Oh? And what do we have here? You're a small one aren't ya?" he mocked her. Setsuko could feel herself getting angry. "You don't have a warding mask, so you're not one of those old man's kids. But you would make a lovely meal either way."

"Oh yeah!?" Setsuko dared. "Then come on! Make a meal out of me already!! Be sure it's colorful!!" With that, she charged. Sound Breathing, Fourth Form:

⁘•⁕🖤Constant Resounding Slashes!!🖤⁕•⁘

The hand demon charged at her as well, sending several arms her way and trying to grab her. But she slashed all of them with ease using the technique she was taught. She liked it. It meant she was winning! She continued to attack relentlessly, but the hands kept on coming. Many times did they come close to grabbing her, and even more were the times she was caught but managed to free herself by slashing the limb off.

Several minutes went by until Setsuko found what she thought was an opening to its neck. Using her first form, she went in head first and struck it with all the strength she had left, but it barely made a scratch! After that she got captured yet again. "Looks like your luck has run out," the demon chuckled as it drew her ever closer to its mouth. 

The bluette struggled in his grasp. This was not the colorful battle she had hoped for. She'd run out of moves. There was nothing more she could do... She lost!! But that didn't mean she had to die... Sound Breathing, Second Form:

⁘•⁕🖤Sound Bombs!!🖤⁕•⁘

She managed to grab about six little bombs hidden in her belt and slashed them with her sword. The explosions dealt some damage to the demon's face and the smoke provided cover. With the last of her strength, she managed to slash of the arm keeping hold of her and dropped to the ground. After that, her grip tightened around the hilt of her blade. 

A small part of her wanted to go on. Maybe if she tried harder she'd win! She could survive and take it down! But deep down she knew... The power of this demon held more color than she could handle. She wasn't strong enough! Not yet anyway.

So, sheathing her blade and gritting her teeth deathly tight, Setsuko turned on her heel and ran for -literally- her life. She ran as fast as she could and as far as her legs could carry, not daring to look back. She got as far away from the hand demon as she possibly could. As she ran she felt tears dropping from her eyes.... I failed! I failed to defeat that uncolorful demon! she thought. 

For once her pride had been shattered. She realized she wasn't the strongest. But it wouldn't stay that way. Not if the Princess of Festivals had anything to say about it. I will become the strongest! I will be able to protect my kingdom and I will rid the world of demons! She gritted her teeth and ran even faster. Faster than the speed of sound. 

I will! I will! I will! I'll become the most colorful demon slayer there is! I'll take after Otou-san as Sound Hashira! And I will rule the kingdom as colorfully as possible! I will! Next thing, she yelled at the top of her lungs. 

"I swear with all my color!!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hi hi!<3

So, I know I haven't published in a while, but that's just because there hasn't really been any motivation or inspiration for me to actually write this out. But I'm out of my block now and promise to update more often.

Happy Day, Afternoon or Night and Happy Reading!!

~✨Blu<3✨