chapter 001 - arriving at cousins.

rosie.

Although it may shock you, i'm not the summers greatest fan. I'm more of a winter girl myself. Belly was the type of girl who counted the days till summer - she had it highlighted with little doodles on her calendar. Me? i didn't care too much. The summer heat was always so icky to me.

We'd been driving for a million years. or atleast, that's how it felt. My mom was humming a soft tune, gazing out the window , the breeze flowing through her short blonde hair. I half asleep so i couldn't quite make out what said tune was.

My older brother conrad in the driving seat. He wasn't humming. He wasn't even smiling. Conrad had been different - and none of us could make out what was making him this way. but we chose to let him just be this new angsty version of himself and let him, let people in when he was ready to do so.

And Jere. my twin brother. In the seat next to me smiling ear to ear. Jere had always been the same. My mom described him as her sunshine boy. And i don't think i've ever heard something so accurate. His headphones were perched on his head and he was nodding his head to the beat of whatever song he was listening to.

I was resting on his shoulder. My eyes were closed. I was trying to take my mind off my skin sticking to the seat. Like i said. Me and summer don't get along.

The car rocked. We'd arrived. The impact of the car wheels on the driveway was always the same. It would make the car wobble as the wheels made contact with the pebbles on the driveway.

With the rocking of the car, I immediately sat up in my seat, rubbing my eyes. "we are here!" my mom sang softly. I smirked. Jere enthusiastically drummed on the back of my moms chair and pranced out of the car door onto the driveway. I scooted over, pulled the handle, and now i too was stood on the driveway. I walked round to Jere's side where he was stood twirling in-front of the house.

"jere. be careful" i told him, quite sternly. As much as i loved Jere and his happy spirit, he was known for being clumsy so without hurting his feelings too much, i tried to put a clamp on his ecstatic energy because it typically ends with him falling over.

He stood still and smiled at me. "it's summer rosie!". I pierced my lips, "mhmm i know" i said - slightly less enthusiastic than Jeremiah. However, much more enthusiastic then Conrad has been ever in the last year. Yep - that's how gloomy he was. He out gloomed me!

"help me with the bags jere" Connie said monotone. Jere skipped over and got to helping, unloading the bags.

My room. the walls painted a soft pink, and small elements of coastal decor sitting around, and my favorite part: my canopy bed sitting untouched and freshly made in the corner of the room. Not for long. I groaned loudly and fell into it, the drive was so long, i deserved a nap... in a bed

I stared up at the ceiling for awhile. I sighed and smiled. I smiled a 'Jere smile' , the corners of my mouth hanging on my ears. Air conditioning was apparently all a girl needed to be content. This girl, anyways.

This room made me happy. The memories this house held. this room held. Being here, everything was perfect.

It was around four pm when we first pulled into the driveway. I napped, went with connie to pick up our cousin: finely from the bus stop, came back - unpacked, had some dinner and suddenly it was nine pm. Where had the afternoon gone?

My room is located right next to the bathroom, so for the last 10 minuets or so i've been hearing Jeremiah make his way through his Ariana Grande fueled playlist. I was playing a game on my phone but chose to stop and listen for awhile. Jere wasn't a bad singer, but he was no Ariana Grande. But hearing him sing, made me happy, because that meant jere was happy. But i suppose Jere has never been sad a day in his life. But a happy jere meant everything was right in the world.