Ch.16 Silent thoughts

Chapter sixteen

Seokjin's pov

It was way too early; I've never been a morning person and honestly it didn't even look like Jungkook slept yet. But we were here, on a boat zooming out into the ocean's darkness, you can just start to see light off in the distance as if the sun was slowly peaking through to say hello. Y/n however is all smiles and really chatting it up with the guys that are taking us on this adventure. I'm freezing and irritated, but I was doing my best to not let that show to her, because honestly she just looks so happy and relaxed for a change. Her hair was braided for a change and to my liking no make-up, just her simple beauty shining bright for all to see. Every now and then she glances my way and each time I feel a jolt of warmth shoot through my body. I do my best to give her a smile but each time it just seems weird and pathetic, Jungkook on the other hand is now passed out and leaning on my arm. Such a child, but a cute one I guess. He never could stay awake on long car rides, planes and I guess now boats.

I admire y/n though, she wasn't lying when she said this had always been a dream on hers. She really seemed to know her stuff and all these idiots who were drooling over her seemed to be pretty impressed with her. There was a crew of four guys on this little boat, well maybe not so little but smaller than the boats I've usually been on. Two were younger than me, maybe about Jungkook's age and one about my age or maybe a year or two older and then there was the oldest guy. He was the one chatting it up with y/n the most, he was definitely old enough to be her dad or maybe even older but she seemed to be excited to even be engaging with this guy. I wish she would look at me like that, with excitement and be able to share or talk about all the things she is interested in.

"Hey y/n, come up here and look"

It's like her eyes light up as she jumps to her feet and hurries over to the side of the boat where the younger guys were. I get up as well and follow just out of curiosity. "Wow" y/n breathes, its hushed and everything around us is silent, they had cut the engine a few moments ago and now I can see why. No more than fifteen feet away is a pod of whales swimming around and showing off for us. It really was an amazing sight to see but I can't help my wondering eye and look over at y/n. I'm surprised when I see tears slowly falling down her soft cheeks, all while she wears the most beautiful smile. I wish I could capture this moment with a picture, instead I reach over and gently wipe away her tears. Her smile widens before our eyes lock, without much thought I smile back. It's a genuine smile for a change and I can tell she notices, if only I could make her this happy every day. She definitely deserved it. "Let's suit up and go" we both practically jump, I guess we were too caught up in our own moment.

She takes my hand and leads me back over to Jungkook, her palm felt so warm in my own. Our hands perfectly fit together also, I must be tired or something. I'm not usually one to have such cheesy or stupid thoughts like this. "Wow did you see that hyung? I can't believe were going to go swim with them" I blink a few times as Jungkook appears, y/n lets go of my hand now and starts to grab her things. We had all put our wetsuits on earlier just to make it easier. "Yeah I seen, the water is going to be freezing" I complain making the two chuckle "Probably but this will be an unforgettable moment for us hyung" I nod as we meet the rest of the guys once again, they give us another run down on things and then we finally get in the water. Honestly speaking I felt hesitant, but y/n got in like a damn pro as did Jungkook so I didn't want to seem like a scaredy cat.

Jungkook has his camera and so does the older guy who seemed to be best friends with y/n, they promised with this excursion we will get videos and photos with the whales. y/n seemed all too excited about that, she was actually in the front leading us, this girl really had no fear or something. These whales were fucking huge and honestly that was intimidating, y/n looked like a tiny fish next to them and yet she showed no fear and even from a distance you can see her smiling eyes in that mask of hers. I can't deny that the scene in front of me was something I'd never forget, the water was so clear, and the sun was now high enough to light up the sky above us making it even easier to see these beautiful creatures. The rays from the sun were casting through the blue waters and shining right on y/n as she was practically face to face with a mother and baby. It was beautiful and something you'd see only in movies or maybe a computer screen background. I hoped that one of them got a photo for y/n's sake.