Day i met your eyes

"Are you done with your work?" Asked my mom walking into my bedroom with my morning tea. The sun wasn't up yet and i just wrapped up my morning study session before heading school. My eyes were gone dry from all the reading i did.

"Make sure you rank among the top five students this semester" Said my mom handing over my tea. I just gawked at her with an empty glaze wondering if they have ever bothered about me other than my academic work.

The alarm started echoing at six breaking the silence i gave her. "I'm gonna get ready for school" I said taking no notice of what she said. She escorted out of my room slamming the door at my face.

"Why aren't they ever pleased?" Was the only question that kept on recurring within my head throughout the entire cold a.m shower i was taking.

It was 6.15 by the time i was done with my shower. I got myself into my school uniform, loaded my bag with the books, spattered myself with my favorite Louis Vuitton perfume my uncle who lives in America gave me last Christmas and headed downstairs. Old memories kept flashing with the smell of the scent while going down.

"Surprise test today ugh?" Said Ji-ho who had already arrived at my house as usual before 6.30. He lives with his grandma and he was the only close friend i had since i was a kid.

"As if you studied!" I said giving him a smirk. "Come on Yeong-su, I've got brains to get through the test without memorizing". I could see my mom eavesdropping our chat while packing my school lunch. She never liked Ji-ho from the very beginning telling me that he could be a bad influence to me and my studies, but i never really cared about her opinions.

I signalled Ji-ho to get up and walk out before she lose her temper. "I'll get going Mrs su" Said Ji-ho fetching his bag from the sofa.

"I'll get going too" i said grabbing my lunch from the kitchen table. I waved at my dad who was busy with some of his business work. He never really forced me to study as much as my mom did and that was a relief.

I hurried to Ji-ho who was already at the gate and took our leave.

It was a chilly morning with heavy clouds about to cry. School buses were hurrying itselfs to school collecting children from our lane.

"Do you think that Sun Hee would think about me more than a friend?" Asked Ji-ho suddenly. His face looks so stupid when he talks about that girl. He met Sun hee few weeks ago in our school exhibition and they never really got along well even though he started developing feelings for her. "Look Ji-ho....I don't think that this is necessary" I said. "You should be focusing on your studies right now. Year end semester is on the way and if you fail this time you'll be screwed and probably get grounded".

"Have i ever told you that you sound just like my mom when you talk about my academics?" Ji-ho said frowning at me. "I like her, so I'm expecting you to guide me so that i can conquer her" He said.

I've never encountered love. All i ever did was work hard to keep my name alive in school. So i don't really have the slightest idea to help him make a move.

"Forget it" Ji-ho said. "Look who's in love" i said chuckling at him. "Yeong-su shut up!" Ji-ho said laughing back.

We took our right to the bayfield lane and kept walking while keeping conversation about different topics. Suddenly a gate from the left side of the lane opened, a black range rover pulled out and crossed the road ahead of us giving us no space to move.

The driver honked at us smiling to give him a few minutes. Jo-ho kept on talking about Sun-Hee and what they've been texting all these days. I didn't find anything interesting in his story so i pretended that he was having my full attention.

After a few minutes of waiting a girl walked out of the gate. She had a sculpted twine-thin figure. Her waist was tapered and she had a glossy complexion. A pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping velvety eyelashes. Her delicate ears framed a button nose. She showed her dazzling white teeth as she smiled and ran her varnished fingernails through her hair and plugged them behind her sea-nymph ears. Her midnight black hair flowed over her shoulders upto the length of her waist. Those thin hazel eyes gazed at me over her puffy heart shaped lips.

I no longer heard Ji-ho's voice. She had my full concentration.

"Ji-ho, who is she?" I asked