⍋ Twenty-One ⍒

Edited 

Hogwarts was crowded in every corner, all the student's fighting against their opponents. Death eaters howled with mirth as they shot spells at the unsuspecting teachers.

Harry screamed as a spell hit him. The students were all in the courtyard, facing their own nightmares. Voldemort laughed, the noise carrying over the grounds. "TONIGHT IS THE END OF THE GREAT HARRY POTTER!"

From his right side, Draco growled venomously. These people spent too long dictating his life and he would be damned if they took the one thing he felt gave him a reason to live. He shot a shielding charm at the wizard. He cackled loudly. He turned around to the crowd. "WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE YOUNG MALFOY, WANTING TO BE A HERO. WAS IT NOT ENOUGH FOR HIM THAT HE BETRAYED THE RIGHT SIDE? HE HAD TO FRATERNIZE WITH THE ENEMY, CALLING THEM HIS FRIENDS. RESCUING THE GRANGER GIRL. OH BUT HOW IRONIC THAT HE WANTS TO BE THE HERO!"

The crowd gasped as they all turned to look at Draco, half of them bewildered by his change of heart and the other's glaring at him. "YOU CAN HUMILIATE ME ALL YOU WANT. BUT I WON'T LET YOU TAKE HIM FROM ME."

From his side, Harry grunted some more as he pointed his wand toward the wizard, holding his side. Draco hurried over to him, kissing his forehead and forming rapid healing charms, the dark lord whipping spells at them and forcing him to dodge. Harry whispered something in his ear which had Draco's eyes widening but he nodded, slowly, hesitantly.

Harry moved to be in front of Voldemort. "I surrender." He spoke, his voice clear and the rest of the noise fading as everybody wanted to see what he had to say. "It is clear you will not stop until you have finished me off."

From his side, Draco forced himself to hold back a choked sob. In seconds, or hours, he didn't know which one, the green light hit the raven-haired boy. He fell to the ground with a thud.

Voldemort turned toward Narcissa. "Check if the boy is dead."

She leaned over the boy, nodding solemnly once she had checked but nobody saw the small wink she sent to her son. Draco rapidly hurried to his side, crying.

Hermione and Ron neared, the former yelling at her mother. "YOU'RE A MONSTER. YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER." She yelled at Bellatrix. Gasps resounded in the crowd at the confession.

Bellatrix shrugged. "Like I told you, blood cannot be altered."

Voldemort sneered at Hermione. "Listen to your mother, little one or I will be forced to punish you. Your friend is not here to save you." He cackled manically as he witnessed Draco rocking Harry's body in his arms. "HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!"

As soon as the words had left his mouth, Harry immediately rolled out of his boyfriend's grasp and stood up. "Not yet." He exclaimed as he ran toward the wizard, forcing Draco to follow him. "YOU HAVE NEVER KNOWN LOVE IN YOUR LIFE, TOM RIDDLE, BUT I HAVE."

In seconds, the crowd of students and teachers alike watched as the two men joined hands and a bright, blinding, green and red light escaped them. The light swirled and swiveled, shielding them but simultaneously tapping into the dark wizard and forcing his body to slowly rip away. He gurgled as he was met with a powerful blow, twitching.

It seemed to go on for hours as the wizard's personified essence vanished in shards, almost like glass until it littered the ground. Everybody stood in shock for a moment as they all watched and then, without warning, everybody ran off to check for their loved ones. Harry and Draco looked at each others, exhausted, and falling into the other's arms.

The former kissed him with the passion of a million burning suns as they felt the salty tears seep through. They were safe. They had done it. They had won.

A few hours later, Mrs. Weasley shuddered with great, ear-piercing sobs as she watched her kid's body get taken away. George watched with dead eyes, no emotion visible. It was almost as though they had taken away everything that made him himself.

Harry neared her. "Mom?" He had taken to calling her such upon her request after a couple of impromptu visits. Arthur and the other siblings hadn't minded, welcoming him with open arms. He felt grateful that he had them both as parental figures and then he felt his heart speed up as he failed to see Mr. Weasley. "Wh-Where's dad?"

Molly looked up, opening her arms for both Harry and Ron. They both hurried toward her, smashing into the embrace. "He went to deal with the arrangements. I just can't—I can't believe—my own kid!" She cried.

Draco stood off to the side awkwardly. The other siblings eyed him with curious eyes but none seemed to hate him entirely. He sat down next to Ginny. "Are you alright?"

"I'm..I don't know." She responded. "He was my favorite brother, you know."

He nodded as he rubbed her back, hesitantly but the young witch leaned into him, crying silently. "Thank you for helping my brother."

"There's no need to thank me." He smiled. "We help our friends, right?"

She nodded, smiling softly. The pain in her eyes was prominent but it seemed to be fighting with the joy of winning the war. Draco knew because he felt conflicted himself as well as he observed the other red headed kids.

George was still, sitting on the floor while Ron was hugging his mother. Charlie was nowhere to be seen as he had been tending to a dragon and had to get back as soon as possible. Bill was sitting there, the scratches on his face visible because of the blood seeping through his bandages. Percy was nowhere to be seen as he had hurried away immediately, ashamed by his actions.

He felt his heart hurt for the family. Even though he had never known what it was like to have a sibling, he knew the pain of losing someone. "It's going to be alright." He said, as he patted her back a bit before standing and going over to Harry and Molly.

Mrs. Weasley wiped her tears away as she smiled. "Hello, Draco. Thank you for helping my Harry."

"I am so sorry for your loss, Molly." He ducked his head as he forced himself to not shake.

"It's not your fault dear."

He shook his head. "If I hadn't been..he did it to hurt Harry. He did it to hurt me because he knew that whenever Harry was in pain, so was I."

She shook her head as she grimaced. "He wasn't a person. He was a bad excuse for a living being and no matter what, he found glee in killing. It will never be your fault. Blaming our selves...it won't bring back my Freddie."

They all nodded as they listened to their mom who continued to tell stories about the twins, wanting to keep Fred's memory alive.