72

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

matt fixes the collar of his shirt, feeling a bit uncomfortable wearing something so dressy while walking into a casual diner. he glances behind him and sees chris and nick who are absolutely loving the linen shirts and trousers.

on the way to the restaurant, chris made matt pull over at a random walmart and then chris picked out a little dress so rayne could feel pretty too. chris is currently carrying rayne on his back while they enter the building.

"there!" nick says when he spots niola and her mom sitting at a table for six. they're both wearing dresses.

the dresses aren't super flashy, they're just plain colors and fitted cloth. niola's mom is wearing a blood red dress, ending right above her knees. niola is wearing a navy blue dress that ends at her mid-thigh.

"mommy!" rayne shouts, shifting around to get off of chris' back. he crouches down at lets her go. she runs over to her mother and jumps onto her lap. jasmine peppers kisses across rayne's nose, telling her daughter how much she's missed her.

jasmine doesn't fail to notice the way niola's face lights up when she sees matt. niola stands up from her seat just to give him a hug and ask him to sit next to her.

"you look gorgeous, nia." matt says quietly while sitting beside his girlfriend — which is also across from jasmine. he smiles at her before saying, "it's nice to meet you. i'm matthew."

nick and chris sit in the remaining two vacant chairs. chris is sitting beside rayne, across from nick who is sitting beside niola.

"i'm jasmine," niola's mom introduces herself. "thank you for what you did for niola when her father was acting irrationally."

"it's the least i could do." matt says.

"don't be modest, you literally saved her life." jasmine tells him. "she would have died if you weren't there."

nick and chris glance at each other across the table, confused. they haven't heard this story about their brother being a knight in shining armor. but i guess that's one way to win your crush's affections.

"are you guys ready to order your drinks?" a waitress asks, walking to the end of the table with her notepad and pen in her hand.

"pepsi." chris says before anyone else can respond.

matt orders root beer, niola and jasmine both order water, rayne orders apple juice, and nick orders dr pepper. the waitress writes down all of their requests before walking away to get their drinks.

"mommy," rayne mutters under her breath when everyone else is invested in their own separate conversation. "are you gonna stay this time?"

jasmine looks down at her daughter with a light smile crossing her lips, "yes."

"are you sure?" rayne asks.

"positive."

"where's daddy?"

"he's not gonna be around anymore."

"oh," rayne says. "are you sad?"

"why would i be sad? this means i get to spend time with you." jasmine pokes rayne's nose, making the girl giggle happily.

.∘◦❀◦∘.
a/n : here's the diagram i drew to help myself understand the seating in case u were confused

◦∘.❀.∘◦