Another sleepless night

It was another one of those nights. A beautifull dream, another one of them. As always, it felt almost as if it were real, which only made it worse. Signora, then known as Rosalyne, was sitting next to her lover, Rostam, in a beautifull field of flowers, gazing at the stars, chatting the night away. A sense of dread filled her the more he talked, the more he told her that he loved her. She wanted to break down, to scream, to wake up. But yet, she also wanted to relive this moment... this oh so precious moment. It dreaded her that she knew it was not real, that it could never be again. She turned away from the shining stars up in the dark sky, so that she could properly face Rostam. She just wanted to say those three words to him once again... she was unable to say them to him before he had passed. Altough she knew it was a dream, she just wanted to tell him that again.

"I love you.."

She mumbled, as she leaned into his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer, his lips now brushing against her soft ones. As the two parted and continued to gaze at the stars, Signora could feel herself getting more and more sleepy, eventually falling asleep while leaning into Rostam. When she woke up, it was all back to normal. She was in her bed, all alone, and not next to him... she looked outside the window, noticing the pitch black sky, no traces of stars in it. It was the middle of the night... another one of those dreams.

Her eyes darted around her room, as it took her a few seconds to realize that it had in fact, not been real. She could feel the tears stinging in her eyes, and before she knew it, she was sitting on her knees, heavily sobbing. Why, just why was the world so cruel? Why did it have to take him away from her? Why couldn't it just have let her be happy with him?! Toughts like that flooded her mind, as her sobbing intensified. It was then that she felt something big, heavy jump onto her lap. It was her cat, a big, orange maine coon cat. He had never been much of the affectionate type, but he would always stay in Signora's lap when she cried, untill her tears would stop flowing. She really appreciated that.

She just stroked her cat's long, orange fur, untill her tears eventually stopped flowing. Her cat got up soon after, sensing that his job was done here. Signora took a few more minutes to breathe untill she felt more calm, then got up to walk to the kitchen. She already knew what she was going to do now. As soon as she reached the kitchen, she brewed herself a cup of blueberry tea. That drink had a great sentimental value to her, as her past lover used to always make it for her whenever she felt upset. Now, she had to make it herself. Nobody was there to take care of her like that anymore.

As soon as the tea was done, she walked back into her room, sitting down onto the windowsill, gazing at the starles sky as she took a sip from her tea. Then, she was able to notice something. It was weak, but it was there. A star in the sky, which had not been completely swallowed by the darkness yet, a weak glow still emerging from it. Could it perhaps mean something...?

"Oh Rostam..."

Signora mumbled as another tear slid down her cheek, falling into the cup.

A/N: Shshsh this is my first time writing on Wattpad, hope I didn't mess up too badly~ requests are open btw, since I have no idea what to write♡