False hope (Signora x reader)

Signora was a strong woman, there was no doubt in that. She had swore herself that she would always remain strong, even when it came to love. She did not want her past to be repeated again, so she had swore herself that she would never fall in love again, especially not with a mortal. Yet, here she was, with you, her assistant. While you were just checking Signora's schedule, and telling her what tasks she would have for the next week, she was unable to take her gaze away from your beautifull (e/c) eyes. She was mesmerized by them, finding them to be the most beautifull ones she had ever seen. Even more beautifull than his eyes. Then, a sudden voice made her snap out of her trance.

"Lady Signora, are you alright? You se weirdly absent today. Would it perhaps be better if you were to go home and take a rest?"

You asked, a slight hint of worry in your voice. She had important matters to attend to this week, after all, and you didn't want her to attend those in a tired state.

"I'm fine."

Her reply was spoken in a cold tone, as usual. She had never been one to show much emotion around others, and you knew that. It sadded you a little, tough you wondered why. You were merely her assistant, so why should you care? Yet, you did. There was no denying it. You cared about her, quite a lot, actually. You always tried to cover up your concerns as simple things, and that you were just worried that she couldn't work properly like this, but you knew it was much, much deeper than just that. But you also knew that you had to push those feelings for her away. That was for two simple reasons. You couldn't just fall for your superior, and, you would be out of here soon anyway. You did not want to be involved in the fatui, but were forced to. As you had grown up in the House of the Hearth, your future as a Fatuus had already been set long ago. But ever since a young age, it was clear that you were not the type to fight, but more the type to think. First, you had been Arlecchino's assistant, the assistant of the woman that had raised you. That didn't work out so well, so you were shifted over to Sandrone, to work as her assistant. That also did not work out all that well. Just thinking back to that time made you shudder. Then finally, you were assigned to be Signora's assistant. It was the first time in a long time that you had felt like you actually belonged somewhere. But you knew that this was not what you wanted. Right? You wanted to get out of this godforsaken organization that just did evil, right? So, it was definitely a bad idea to let your feelings for Signora take over.

"Very well then, if you say so."

You replied to Signora, the concern in your voice not being present anymore. You knew that what you were feeling about her was not right, and that you had to surpress it with all your might. You them continued to explain this weeks schedule to her. When you were finally done, she gave you a small nod.

"Alright, thank you, y/n. You are dismissed for today. Don't forget, tomorrow, in front of my office, 6am sharp."

She said, her voice still cold as ice. That was what she always told you, every single day, for the past few years. As if you would ever forget. But, you knew that tomorrow, you wouldn't come. You would never again. You would never again.

The next morning, it was already 6:10am, but there was no trace of you. Signora was pacing back and forth, being slightly worried. You had never, ever been late, no matter what. So why now? She decided to step out of her office. Perhaps she could spot you somewhere? As she stepped out, two cicin mages were walking past her office, both of them giggling. She decided to listen in. She was a harbinger, after all, so she could listen in to whatever she wanted.

"Have you heard about the execution today?"

One of them said in an amused tone. That perked up Signora's attention. Executions were nothing unusual, as it wasn't rare for someone to try and leave the fatui, and then get caught. Nobody could escape alive.

"Yeah, what a shame. I still can't believe that Signora's little assistant tried to escape. And I tought y/n was one of the smarter ones..."

The second cicin mage said, before laughing a bit. Signora couldn't believe her ears. She quickly went back into her office, shutting the door behind her in a swift motion. As soon as the door was closed, she dropped down to her knees. It was impossible, right? You, y/n would never betray the Tsaritsa, would never betray her, right? And also, why did she even care so much? You were just a mere assistant, a mere subordinate, so she shouldn't care all that much... yet, she couldn't help but do. She had tried to supress her love for you, but now, it was all coming to the surface. A small, trembling sob escaped her soft lips, then another one, then another one. She just couldn't understand. Why did you just have to try and escape. Look where it had gotten you now. You were dead, because of your stupid mistake. She couldn't understand, why would one want to turn against the Tsaritsa in the first place? But then she remembered that you had been forced into the fatui, and did not join by your own, free will. Perhaps it was better like this, for the both of you? But yet, she couldn't get rid of that dreading feeling inside her chest. It was like she was fated to be unhappy.

A/N: I'm so sorry if this is bad, but im writing this in the middle of the night, and I'm sleep deprived asf, so sorry~ again, if you have any ideas, requests are open ♡ please leave requests, I dont know what to write -.-