Champagne Problems

A/N my first time posting a story I wrote. Inspired by the Taylor Swift song "Champagne Problems"

Draco spun her on the dance floor, never being the most graceful dancer Lilith was unsure of herself, kicking her oversized dress and stumbling forward in the process. She looked into Draco's blue eyes and he smiled at her back at her, making a small loving laugh. She smiled back at him, re-gripping his hand to try it again. However, it didn't take long for Lilith to notice a group of girls laughing at her, one even being so brave to point towards her. She instantly grew insecure and reminded her just how much she didn't belong with the rich socialites around her. She dropped his hand from hers, her face began to turn red from embarrassment. Lilith felt like everyone was now making fun of her and starring. Draco being the person he is, seemed to not notice anything going on around them.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked with a look of confusion on his face

"I don't feel like dancing anymore." Lilith replied smoothing out her dress

"Well that's alright, would you like to go get some fresh air?" He asked holding his hand out for her to grab

"I would love that" She smiled grabbing his outstretched hand.

The couple walked towards the door, making sure to grab their coats before leaving. It was late December and snow covered the ground beautifully. It was Lilith's favorite time of year, she loved the cold weather, sitting by the fireplace reading with Draco, and the spending time with loved ones for the holidays. Although her family wasn't around anymore, after the war, her parents were locked up in Azkaban for being a part of the Dark Lord's army. It's not like they stood a chance of not going to prison. Unless you had money and influence you stood no chance of getting away with it, and unfortunately for her parents, they didn't have much of that. Even when she was sorted into Slytherin it surprised everyone. Draco even made fun of her the first 3 years of school, saying she was so poor and didn't belong. Surprising most, they began to date, despite his mother's outburst against it. So her holidays now consisted of attending big holiday parties with Draco and his family.

"What's on your mind?" Draco asked peering down at Lilith as they walked outside

"Oh, nothing." She snapped out of her thoughts and smiled up at Draco

"Are you having a good time?" He asked guiding them toward the hibernating snow covered
garden.

"Yes, other than your cousins pointing and laughing at me." she sighed

"When?" he asked almost shocked

"While we were dancing. You didn't see them?" She asked knowing even if he did see them he would once again avoid the subject.

"I didn't see them Lily"

"Of course you didn't." She sighed stopping with him in the garden

"All I can focus on is how beautiful you look." He caressed her face with his hand, she blushed warming his hand with the heat from her face.

"I really love you Lily."

"I love you too Draco."

"Lilith Rowle will you do me the honor and marry me?" Draco got on one knee taking her left hand in his.

She looked for what seemed like forever. His mom's old wedding ring was in his hand, no doubt he had a fight with her over it. She peered into his blue eyes, almost begging her to say yes. Her heart jumped wanting to say yes, but couldn't open her mouth to say it.