Chapter 21 - (brief) Touch

"Should we open and see the treasure inside?" Wu SanXing consults with Xie LianHuan.

"What if there's a zombie? We don't know whether inside this is a normal corpse or one that moves." Xie LianHuan points out an important thing to consider since they had already encountered zombies from the other side chambers.

"We have 7 people here ... shouldn't we be able to take it down?" Fatty comments from the side which turns the 4 eyes of the 2 elders to focus on him. "You guys talk ... I'll go pick the gems on the wall."

On the other side ...

"Mute Zhang, what are you looking for?" Hei Ye notices that Zhang Qiling seems to have different purposes when he's looking around when compared to the others.

The question somewhat made Wu Xie, who is looking around next to Zhang Qiling, to realize that he has looking without a purpose in which he thought the other was just looking around.

'How come Hei Ye can understand that Xiao Ge is looking for something?' Wu Xie feels sour in his heart and vows that he will spend more time with Zhang Qiling to know each and every single one of his expressionless expressions.

"Exit." Zhang Qiling gives single syllable answer without care. Yet, a certain sulking person near him manages to catch his attention.

'What happened? Why is Wu Xie sulking?' Zhang Qiling wonders but he is quite sure that he has not done anything to cause such reaction. 'But since, it has already occurred, might as well coax him.'

"Look there." Zhang Qiling points to the other side that he hasn't check with the intention of allocating work and rid of third wheeler.

"..........." Hei Ye speechlessly glance at Zhang Qiling. After a brief eye contact, he pounces and wraps his arm around Xiao Hua, who is observing the mural nearby, and drags him away. "Come, come, we need to help find the exit to this place."

Wu Xie quietly watches the back of the two people moving away then turns back to help Zhang Qiling. However, what he encounters is a slender finger poking his cheek. This simple action freezes him on the spot, and he can only internally scream. 'What the heck? Isn't this just like the idol web drama!?!?'

However, when he stiffly turns to the perpetrator, his heart nearly stops because the tip of his nose touches with Zhang Qiling's. After the temporary pause, Wu Xie's heart accelerated due to the nervousness of the current closeness and his eyes locking with the person in front of him.

On the other hand, Zhang Qiling just acts on impulse without much deliberation. He wants to get close, then that's what he did. He can clearly see the conflicting emotions and turmoil that Wu Xie is going through. Since, the person is already in a chaotic situation, adding a bit more should be no problem ... therefore, Zhang Qiling moves in to close the gap between their lips and manage to lick Wu Xie's upper lip before parting.

It's just a simple and very brief lips touching ... it can't be called a kiss.

One, two, three, four,five seconds. Only then did the soul that left Wu Xie returns but he hasn't regained his senses. As the culprit, Zhang Qiling quietly observes and licks his lips, though it was very brief, but the sweetness is there. At this time, Wu Xie happens to be looking at Zhang Qiling ... then seeing the pink tongue sweeping the pink lips, Wu Xie subconsciously touches the place such organ has contacted.

'Our lips touch ... and he licked me ...' Wu Xie recollects what just happened and belatedly realizes that 'did Xiao Ge just kiss me?!?!?!?!?'

Boom!

Literally, one can witness a mushroom cloud above Wu Xie's head. He has self-destruct internally! While externally, redness covers from his neck up to the tip of his ears. Fortunately, the environment is too dark for anyone to see. This has replaced all the vinegar that he has been drinking because of Hei Ye.

"Help me look." Zhang Qiling asks softly next to Wu Xie's ear without waiting for the latter to recover from the previous shock.

"O ... o ... okay." Wu Xie tries to keep his calm, but his trembling voice clearly shows that he is everything but calm.

With the intention to help find the exit ... a bit further away from Zhang Qiling, Wu Xie attempts to turn to another side only to once again fail because the former has already grabbed his hand to guide him to where he is going to look.

'Ahhh ... why won't you let me recover?!?!?' For the n-th time that Wu Xie internally laments. Even though, he complains, his body just follows without complaint.

As a result, Wu Xie devotedly looks for any mechanism to get out of here. If not for the recent intimacy, Wu Xie wouldn't be in such a hurry. The reason is simple, any intimacy act shall not be conducted in a tomb – T.O.M.B, is it a place appropriate for such action. Therefore, Wu Xie will not count the previous lips touch as a 'kiss'. It can only be a brief touch, definitely not a kiss. With this thought in mind, Wu Xie vows to get out as soon as possible then actively claim Zhang Qiling's lips in a romantic environment, even the mysterious forest is more romantic than a tomb!

Back to the sarcophagus ...

The 2 uncles have debated for a while of whether to open it or not. While debating, they will take breaks in between by looking at the mural and scraping the gems embedded on them. After going back and forth a few times, they still can't decide. So, now they drag back the 3rd person that was kicked out before.

"Let's open it." Fatty answers somewhat without the need to process it. "We're here anyway and we have Xiao Ge with us."

"Right? Right?" Wu SanXing agrees with Fatty and persuades his friend. "Even Hei Ye and Xiao Hua is here. With lots of us here, what can't we handle?"

"Yes, yes. Let's open it." Fatty chimes in.

"Then let's bring them here first. If anything happens, I don't think you both can run fast enough." Xie LianHuan also has the desire to see what's inside, but to be a bit safer, having an expert nearby should be safer. "Go bring them here."

In an instant, Fatty has gathered the remaining people to surround the sarcophagus.

"We're going to open it?" Xiao Hua reconfirms.

"Do we even know who's in it?" Wu Xie asks his question since he has entered.

"I can say that the person is not anyone of the royal family because the information here doesn't point to anyone in particular. It is likely that the person should be a local tyrant." Wu SanXing shares his speculation on the matter.

"With how extravagant the decorations are, wouldn't the guy be buried with loads of valuable items?" Fatty wonders.

"It's possible." Xie LianHuan expresses his opinion. "But we don't know if the guy would be an ordinary corpse or a fierce zombie."

"No wonder! But don't worry, I can take on anyone, dead or alive." Hei Ye reassures everyone present although the response from each individual varies greatly.

"What about Xiao Ge?" Wu Xie needs to include the opinion of the most reliable figure of this whole trip.

As usual, Zhang Qiling doesn't answer verbally but gives a slight nod of his head to show his approval. Based on his intuition, there should be no problem.

Since everyone pretty much agreed, they help push the heavy lid. When reaching about 1/3, they all look down to meet with a skeleton, not even mummy. However, surrounding the white bones are gold coins and gems of various size.

This group of 7 men take a look at all the stuff in front of them. Some items are put into their pockets while some are put back to its original place. This activity takes up some time until Zhang Qiling suddenly looks toward the entrance and a slight frown appears on his normally expressionless face.

"What's wrong Xiao Ge?" Wu Xie finds that Zhang Qiling seems to be looking at something, hence he asks and gains the attention of the remaining people.

"Run." Zhang Qiling says only a word.

Immediately, Hei Ye grabs Xiao Hua and heads in the direction where Zhang Qiling was looking at before.

********************

A/N

What's coming?

Let's leave the tomb before going into sweet mode