3-CA:CW-4

[A hotel.]

Sharon Carter: My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but, um, not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first thigh holster.

Steve Rogers: Very practical.

Sharon Carter: And stylish.

[Sharon and Steve wait by an elevator. They stand facing each other.]

Steve Rogers: CIA has you stationed over here now?

Sharon Carter: In Berlin, Joint Terrorism Task Force.

Steve Rogers: Right. Right. Sounds fun.

Sharon Carter: I know, right?

Steve Rogers: [Steve nods and smiles at Sharon.] I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on me from across the hall . . . .

Sharon Carter: You mean when I was doing my job.

Steve Rogers: Did Peggy know?

Sharon Carter: She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you. [The elevator arrives.] Thanks for walking me back.

"I think that's nice" said Luna softly.

Steve Rogers: Sure. [Sam comes over.]

Sam Wilson: Steve. There's something you gotta see.

News anchor #4: A bomb hidden in a news van . . .

Sharon Carter: Who's coordinating?

News anchor #4: . . . ripped through the UN building in Vienna.

Sharon Carter: Good. They're solid. Forensics?

News anchor #4: More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations.

"Uh excuse me, I was in Romania" said Bucky indignantly. Natasha and Steve chuckled. Lily and Alex walked back in the Great Hall. Alex plonked herself next to her dad and Natasha ended up moving back to the couch with Alex and Clint.

Sharon Carter: I have to go to work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Iowa]

(Laura is seen flicking through channels when the news caught her eye. Title: UN summit in Vienna bombed.)

"You look so bored" chuckled Lily.

Laura Barton: Shit.

(Alex walked in with sushi and sat next to Laura)

"Sushi?" asked Hermione. "I like it" shrugged Alex.

Alex Barton: Dad the UN summit in Vienna got bombed!

"You could've just walked and told him" scolded Molly. "Don't scold my child!" snapped Natasha. "besides he was on the roof, Chrissie is banned from the roof" said Laura. Alex slumped in her seat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Fire crews hose down the buildings. A red and white medical chopper flies overhead.]

Sharon Carter: Call MI-6, see if we can get Micro Forensics to hurry this up. We need the whole team here in two hours or it's not worth it.

[Sharon strides through with a man in a green jumpsuit. They pass T'Challa who sits on a bench looking stunned. There's a cut on his head. Natasha sits on the next bench along.]

Natasha Romanoff: I'm very sorry.

T'Challa: [He glances at her. He's holding an ornate silver ring which he toys with between his fingers.] In my culture death is not the end. It's more of a . . . stepping-off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt where . . . you can run forever.

Natasha Romanoff: That sounds very peaceful.

People nodded in agreement with Natasha.

T'Challa: My father thought so. [He puts the ring on his finger.] I am not my father.

Natasha Romanoff: T'Challa. Task force will decide who brings in Barnes.

T'Challa: [He clenches his fist.] Don't bother. Miss Romanoff. I'll kill him myself.

[He walks away.][Steve phones Natasha. He's standing on the street in a cap and dark glasses.]

"What is it with you guys and sunglasses?" asked Alex confused. The Avengers just shared a look.

Natasha Romanoff: Yeah?

Steve Rogers: You alright?

Natasha Romanoff: (touches the scar on her forehead and winces a little) Ah, yeah, thanks. I got lucky. [Frowning she looks around, then stands up.] I know how much Barnes means to you. I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse. For all of us. Please.

"You need to get that sterilised" said Laura. "I did, I did it myself" said Natasha. Laura nodded. Lily looked up at Natasha saying how much she knows what Barnes means to Steve, "he was my best friend in the Red Room, nothing more nothing less" Natasha, causing people to look slightly surprised at that.

Steve Rogers: Are you saying you'll arrest me?

"Yes" said Molly

Natasha Romanoff: No. Someone will. If you interfere. That's how it works now.

Steve Rogers: If he's this far gone, Natasha, I should be the one to bring him in.

Natasha Romanoff: Why?

Steve Rogers: Because I'm the one least likely to die trying. [Not far away Steve ends the call.]

Natasha Romanoff: Shit.[Steve approaches Sam sitting at the counter of a coffee shop.]

"You were going to tell me where he was weren't you?" asked Steve "yes" said Natasha shrugging.

Sam Wilson: She tell you to stay out of it? [He's also in a cap and shades.] Might have a point.

Steve Rogers: He'd do it for me.

Sam Wilson: 1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we considered all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me. [Sharon arrives by Steve.]

People snort at Sam's bluntness.

Sharon Carter: Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter soldier goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this. [She slides Steve a file.] My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now . . . so that's all the head start you're gonna get.

People smile at Sharon helping Steve.

Steve Rogers: Thank you.

Sharon Carter: And you're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight.

Steve glares at the screen slightly, Bucky was his best friend.