Chapter 1: Awkward Duo

He entered the classroom, looking formal as always.
All eyes inside the room turned to see him as he walk, with him gazing straightly to the drection he's heading using his  beautiful emerald eyes, polished black shoes that shines through the room, neatly ironed uniform, and straight silky ash blonde hair.

I looked at him in awe, hoping that maybe one day...one day he will finally reciprocate the love I have for him.

"Good morning, Zia." He greeted me with his soft toned voice, as he sits down on his assigned seat, which was next to mine.
"Good...morning, Keith." I replied, nervously.
What had happened yesterday was the reason why Im more nervous around him than the usual.

《☆FLASHBACK☆》:Yesterday
"Okay...I cant hold it any longer.." I whispered to myself, as I sweep the floor with a broom.
It was Monday, and Im assigned to be one of the cleaners in that day.
I turned around to see and talk with Keith, who was also a cleaner.
Everyone else(Cleaners) left me alone with Keith, and told me that it was finally my chance to blurt out my feelings for him.

He was arranging the desk next to mine in proper order.
I tapped him on the shoulder, only once.
"Keith..." I calmly called his name.
"Hm?" He paused from moving the desks and faced me.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked, and looked up to see his perfectly chiseled face.
"So you trust me enough to tell me your secrets now?" He playfully asked and bent down his knees, which made our faces get closer together.

"No..not that kind of secrets.." I said, as my left foot stepped backwards trying to get distant from keith.

"Oh?" He stood up again and crossed his arms.

"Tell me more." He then smiled with his eyes closed and slowly leaned closer to me.

"I think you already know what's next..." I said.
Keith softly dropped the smile he had, and continued to stay silent.

"Keith, I cant keep it away from you anymore. Its just too hard to keep my mouth closed...
Keith I..I like you, and you probably know it already." I said as I look down to my feet and snuggling the broom I was holding onto.

Keith sat down on the desk he was arranging, crossing his legs.
"Can you explain how?" Keith asked, and I shall answer...somehow.
"To be honest, I dont know how either. It all happened so sudden. Maybe I fell because of your attractive face, or I was charmed by your wonderful personality...well, whatever it may be, It changed my life. Ever since I realized I like you, I started waking up every morning, knowing I'd do great in school cause I know you'd be there to motivate and inspire me. and unlike other guys I'd met, you're actually alot different from them. You willingly help people in times of need, you always stand with women when it comes to argument about feminism...and you make everyone feel alot better. Because of you I-...I realized how much happy I would be to fall in love with somebody, even if that love wasnt reciprocated"
after I blurted all the things I wanted to say, he burried his face his right hand and looked upset.

"I hate it..." He mumbled.
I flinched from what I had heard.

"Im sorry if you feel uncomfortable with me now, Keith. Im sorry." I apologized for something so small.

"No. Thats not something that you should apologize for. Im actually glad you told me but.."
Before Keith could even continue his sentence, a sudden tear dropped from my cheek, and he quickly noticed it.

"Are you crying?" He rushed to me and grabbed the handkerchief in his pocket.
"You shouldnt do that.." He said, reaching out his hands to offer the handkerchief to me.

"Im so sorry Keith, I couldnt hold it in" I apologized, again. I grabbed the handkerchief he offered me and wiped the tears dropping from my cheeks.

"Look Zia, Im actually glad you told me that, but Im upset...Not because of you, but me. I've always had trouble feeling and expressing love,let alone reciprocating. Im upset cause I know that you're hurting cause of me. I am trully sorry, Zia"
As soon as he finished his sentence, my eyes started bawling out more and more.

"Zia..?Im really sorry." He apologized for a stupid thing that isnt even his fault.
"Maybe one day, you will find someone who can reciprocate those feelings. You will find someone who you deserve." He gently caressed my shoulder as I look up at him.

'And I want that person to be you.' I wanted to say that, but I couldnt. Its as if I lost my voice.

《☆BACK TO CURRENT SITUATION☆》

Yesterday was bittersweet.
I was rejected by Keith, yet my feelings for him deepened.
...
So annoying.

All the classes had finished, and we were left with 2 activities.

Activity no.1: Just homework
Activity no2: Activity for pairs

And guess who Im paired with.
YES. I was paired up with Keith.
This is just a nightmare.

"Zia?" Keith called me as we pack our things to get ready to go home.
"Y-yes?" Ofcourse I stuttered, thats me alright.
"My place or yours?" He asked with a stern face, but with a warm tone of voice.
"What..?"

"This project has to be passed on Friday, we still have time but I want to do it early"

"I know that.."

"Then let me ask again. My place, or yours?"

I stayed silent, thinking of what should I answer.

"Where do you want us to work?" I wore my bag and looked at Keith.

"Thats what I was asking you-" He said.

"Oh- Oh! Right..." I chuckled nervously and looked away.
"My place is closer, and my parents wont be at home so there's no one to disturb us while we work" I said. Seriously this time, without stuttering.

"Well, lets go then. We will stop working at 7" He announced.
It was currently 5 pm, which means I will be spending...2 hours? Yes, 2 hours with Keith.
GREAT. Now this is a way for us to communicate more.