The Court of Fontaine

Despite all of the beautiful landscapes and tourist attractions Fontaine offered, Nahida and Wanderer immediately began their search in Fontaine for the Traveler. Wanderer abruptly turned to face Nahida. "I suppose the Archon of Wisdom has some information that can help with our search," Wanderer snapped. Despite Nahida's abundant kindness, a brief expression of annoyance passed her face. Even though I know all knowledge, I don't know every personal thought of every human being! That doesn't even qualify as knowledge! "Wanderer, knowledge does not encompass everyone's thoughts unless I intrude someone's mind. Unless it's absolutely necessary, I will not be intruding people's minds for information," Nahida said sternly. With nothing else to say to each other, Wanderer and Nahida began their search.

As they passed pearl white fountains containing the most pristine, clear blue water, and elegantly designed buildings, they stopped at the Steambird to see if the Traveler had appeared in local Fontaine news. To their surprise, the Traveler was already involved in a case as an attorney for two magicians.

Wanderer suddenly let out a laugh. "They're acting as someone else's attorney? Considering how nonsensical Fontaine's laws are, I thought they would have been arrested for walking on the wrong side of the road!"

Nahida sighed with relief. "At least it will be easy to monitor them. No one will suspect us if we also watch the trial alongside many other Fontaine citizens. That way, we'll be able to see if there is any way we can help the Traveler and Paimon,"

Wanderer scoffed. "Nahida, the trial doesn't start till tomorrow. We're stuck here idle, unable to do anything until tomorrow. What are we supposed to do in Fontaine? Sightsee?" He turned to face Nahida, who was looking at a guide for restaurants in the area. "Unfortunately, yes. However, since I wasn't sure how long we'd be here, I've both prepared enough Mora for expenses and hotel rooms for multiple days. Since it's almost 2 pm, would you like to stop for lunch at Cafe Lucerne? While the meals they serve may not be to your taste, there is no other major options here,"

"Alright, Nahida." Afterward, they made their way to the Cafe, and to their surprise there were very few people there. "We've missed the lunch rush, thankfully." Nahida sat down in the nearest available seat, to which Wanderer sat in the seat across from her. "What would you like to order, Wanderer? I'm ordering a glass of Fonta and Ile flottante."

Wanderer glanced at the menu. "I'll order a..." To his disappointment, he realized all the meals available to order were desserts. He let out a long sigh. "You know, I think I'll wait till we get to the hotel to order,"

Nahida stared back at him with a look of concern. "Are you sure, Wanderer? It would be terrible if you fell ill right now,"

An expression of shock passed his face before his face looked uninterested, as per usual. "I'll be alright, Archon of Wisdom." Why does she look genuinely concerned about me? I'm a puppet; eating is not necessary for me to survive! Does Nahida-An actual ARCHON- genuinely care? Wanderer waited for Nahida to finish her meal, before both making their way to the Hotel.