CHAPTER ~ 46

Next day Nandini woke up and thanks to Manik's care and timely medicines she was feeling much much better now, just there was some weakness. But the first thing she saw when she woke up was Manik was sleeping on the couch uncomfortably.

NANDINI'S POV:

What are you Manik? Why you do this every time? Why you trouble me so much? Why do you always hurt me and then push mountains just to get my forgiveness? Why are you so confusing? Sometimes I just don't understand what do you want from me and what am I to you? Yesterday whatever Sudha said has moved me and to be honest I didn't had any answers to her logical questions and that's why I asked her to keep quite. I won't deny lately there is something in me which has changed. It's the way I use to feel for you has changed I don't know what it is but something has changed between us and I'm unable to name that. And on top of that you confuse me so much. I want to forgive you but also I can't defy my rules which I've set for myself I can't be that Nandini again who was shattered when Arjun left me. I can't let any other man take that advantage of me again. Manik you will have to work hard this time. But also I can't see you struggling like this I just want you to realize your mistakes, especially after knowing what you feel about girls and women I can't let that perspective survive in you. I'm not saying I wasn't wrong I was definitely wrong my anger was not right. I made a wrong statement which triggered you even more. I never got so angry on anyone before. And this is what I was talking about you bring out the worst and best side of me, there is something changed. I don't know why and I don't know how. I will apologize because that was not me. Uff Aiyyappa!! Why this man is so complicated and so cute both at the same time. Nandini, cute really just shut up and focus on your anger. You're angry from him that's it.

POV ENDS

While Nandini was bickering to herself, Manik woke up.

"Nandini are you okay? You need anything? Why are you talking to yourself? Has the fever started affecting your brain?
Asked Manik.

"Manik, shut up go and get me some breakfast and my medicines. Where are my medicines? Have you forgotten that you're here to take care of me go and do your work and stop troubling me."
Said Nandini.

"Miss Nandini, I very well know what I'm here for. Talking about your medicines let me remind, since you're much better now so you need to take medicines only once that too after having your dinner which you had yesterday and about your breakfast you'll get that once you brush your teeth. I'll call Sudha she will help you with that or you want me to help you."
Said Manik.

It was early morning, room was dimly lit the soft glow of sunlight caressed their faces as Manik leaned closer to her as he said the last line. Their eyes locked and a playful smile tugged a the corners of his lips. He got dead close to Nandini that she could feel Manik's breath on her skin that gave her a shiver down her spine. Her cheeks were flushed in red color and Manik could clearly see that on her face and her racing heartbeat were very much audible to him, which made him realise the effect he had on her.

"You know Nandini, there's something irresistible about the way your eyes light up when you smile."
Whispered Manik.

While Nandini blushed, her cheeks flushing with warmth as she felt his gaze intensity.

But Manik being Manik he wasn't finished yet. He gently traced his fingers along her arm, sending shivers down her spine. Nandini's breath caught as he moved even nearer, their lips almost touching. He started caressing her soft petal like pink lips. The anticipation in the air was electric, and she couldn't deny the sensual chemistry between them. Manik was leaning closer to Nandini, it felt like time was still and the room was filled with the intoxicating allure of their love.