Chapter one

I inhale the air for the last time, I let the sun bath my skin as I imagen the cold I’m going to.
How difficult it will be for me to adapt into the nearly freezing weather of where I’m going when I’m so used to the warmth of this place , I inhale deeply as I make my way back to my mom’s car and a few hours later I was on a plane that was leading me away from my house and taking me to my home, I lived with just my mom for about twelve months, but now I’m going to live with my dad and twin brother.
As I walk out of the plane with my head tucked deeply into a black hoodie and my nerves already out of control, I grab my luggage and walk towards the door half expecting my dad to be waiting but he's not there. My dad always said to keep time, but he was never on time for anything I guess it’s one of the reasons my mom asked for a divorce, he had been late for mine and my brothers birth and said he had completely forgot, of course I don’t remember this, but my mom had told me a lot of things my dad did (his flaws that is) but I never saw him the way she did if anything I loved him for his flaws.
I sat on a bench outside the airport and waited for someone to pick me up, about a half an hour later a red sports car pulled up in front of me and a guy approximately seventeen like me walked out, his black hair was a messy pile on his head, he had on black sunglasses and was wearing a black golf t-shirt and black jeans, I stood up and walked towards him and he pulled of his sunglasses, opened his arms and I fell into them, “I’ve missed you sis,” Christen says and I smile up at him, “I missed you too, were is dad?” I ask and he chuckles, “you know dad is always either late or just forgot,” he says holding me out at arm’s length, “look at you, your still hiding your pretty face,” he says pulling the hoody over my head and rufling my hair, I giggle as he nods to himself, “better, you know it would be great if you let your hair grow longer,” he says, His suggestion is common, my short black hair always bothered people since it was exactly like his, short and always bedroom messy, although his hair was always cut on the sides while mine hung over my eyes, “yeah I know, I might since I’m staying with you and dad now,” I tease and a yawn escapes me, I’m exhausted given that I didn’t sleep on the plane, “let’s get you home, you look tired,” he says a tad bit of worry escaping his voice and his eyes filling with concern.
I hate it when he does that but I’m also too tired to fight him, picking up my bag he leads me to the car throwing the bag in the trunk as if it weighed nothing at all, but I’m not surprised it looks like he got into body building while I was gone.
Driving at high-speed Chris kept his eyes partially on the road and partially on me, my brother and I drive like maniacs we drive so bad that my mom took my car away back home because of the amount of speeding tickets she had to pay, “don’t you have cops in this place?” I ask pulling out a CD and placing it in the radio, “we do but they don’t roam the streets and people barely report anything in this place,”
“Cool,” I say, and he smiles but worry still lining his features and I sigh, “what is it?” I ask and he’s smile fades, “have you been sleeping okay, or have you been sleeping at all?” he asks, and I pull my hoodie back on, “I’ve been getting my fair share of sleep,” I say, and he sighs, “Kathie you know that’s not healthy,” I sigh yeah I know it's not healthy but it's not like I don't sleep on purpose, “I thought dad was the doctor not you,” I say and he grunts, sighing in defeat, I kind of felt bad for my snappy comment, “besides you know why I’m not sleeping well,” I added and  he glances at me and sighs, “yes I do, but I thought they’d be gone by know, for goodness sakes Katherine you’ve had them since you were four years old when will they stop?” he asks and I shrug, “but it seems for now they’re not going anywhere,” I say and turn on the radio, he stoped in front of a two story house surrounded in forestry, white walls tried with black corners and humangas windows, the windows are also trimmed in the same black used on the corners of the house, I could clearly see through the windows into a larg living room, hell the house itself is massive.
“Welcome home sis,” Chris says as he opens my door and helps me out of the car, he gets my bags from the boot and walks me to the front door, “where is dad?” I ask as I watch him unlock the door and push it open with his foot, “his at the hospital, he should be back soon,” he assures me, and I nod stepping into the house, a black grand piano sit’s in the living room and behind it black couches face the flat screen tv on the faded grey wall, the whole room is painted in a faded grey, I walk into the kitchen, I'm amazed by how the color of the walls travels from a faded grey into a pure white kitchen trimed with cream white corners with tial counters and marble countertops the fridge, stove, and dishwasher are black.
The stairs are covered in a red carpet with a white railing, Chris shows me the bathroom upstairs along with my bedroom which is right across his, “okay so, this is your room, get some sleep,” he orders and I nod, he walks out of the room leaving my bag on the floor and closing the door behind him, I put my bag in front of the white walk in closet door as I look around the room, it’s painted in a darker grey, a table sit’s directly in front of the window with the chair facing outside, next to it is a rather large built-in bookshelf with the first-row empty and labeled schoolbooks and the other shelves filled with all kinds of books.
The bed is covered in a dark purple comforter and a grey throw on top of it along with four pillows the first two are white continentals, the second pillow is a peach pink single and the third is a small grey pillow that had black eyelashes on it, I pull open the comforter, taking off my jeans and hoodie I climb into bed and soon drift off.