Prologue (Part 1)

( Hello, my little cuties, how are you today? I'm sorry for the wait. I was packing, and my family and I are moving soon, so I couldn't publish. Anyway, I'll try my best to publish as much as possible. So, let's get into the story. Btw ""= talking, ''= thinking, Bold text= Author's note 

3rd POV

Darkness. Darkness. And, if you squint a little bit more, more darkness. Calm, serene, trustworthy darkness. The kind of darkness you can... sink into, which is what Y/n was doing right now, sinking, relaxing, letting go of all forms of icky, disgusting stress. Ahh yes, but if only she were aware of the fact that her alarm clock had been beeping for the past ten minutes or the fact that almost half the school was already live and active, but why should she care, it was a Saturday after all.

So, Y/n just kept on sinking and sinking and sinking. Until a voice inquired slightly, it was her voice, "Wasn't Saturday two days ago?". Then another voice, but still her voice again, said somewhat dismissively, "Eh, who cares? Let the girl sleep a little longer.". The first voice asked softly, "But, what if she's late for class?". "She's always late. Your point?". " Well, what if-". The shy voice was interrupted by another voice, this time it was more rushed and firm and wasn't her voice, "Y/n, wake up. Wake up.".

Rather annoyed and not wanting to leave the amicable darkness, "Five more minutes", Y/n muttered lazily. "Your mother is calling you and she said she wants you now". Immediately after hearing the word of her mother, Y/n abruptly shot up from sleep, more awake than ever before. "Where is she? Where is she?" Y/n asked, now the one with a rushed, firm tone in her voice. As it turned out, the third voice belonged to Sara, a sixth-year prefect in Y/n's house, she was almost like a big sister to her, "She's in her office and she's waiting for you.", she said whilst Y/n got ready at the speed of light, "I'd change fast, if I were you". 

"Well, you're not me, cry about it", Y/n said sarcastically, "Can you ever have a normal conversation with anyone?", the older student scolded lightly, somewhat startled at the younger girl's aggressive response. "Yeah, yeah whatever. Can you leave? I need to take a bath", Y/n said, slightly aloof, "Thanks", our main character said with a sarcastic smile.

The stern prefect rolled her eyes in feigned annoyance, "Whatever, just be quick" , she said whilst she left the dorm room of Y/n and her four other dormmates, who were probably in class like normal people. 

After bathing and wearing her uniform, Y/n ran to her mother's office, which was at the very top of the school, at full tilt. Once, she finally met the front door of her mother's office, she stopped, crouched from weakness, took a short breather and knocked on the door politely.

"Come in", she heard her mother's voice from the other side of the door. "Good morrow, my dearest, loving, beautiful mother.", Y/n cried out dramatically as she burst into the room." It seems, you must miss me a lot, seeing as you couldn't spend another minute this wonderful morning without me, you're amazing daughter"." Yes, yes, good morning Y/n. Now enough with the theatrics," M/n said trying to hide her small smile, slightly assumed of her daughter's shenanigans, "You know exactly why you're here", she added with a serious tone.

Y/n's smile dropped immediately.

Of course she knew, she had been trying not to think about that day, pretending it never happened, trying to forgive her mother for what she did.

~~~ Flashback ~~~

She had some many questions;

Why had her mother requested for her?,

Why was her mother staring at the crackling fireplace with a conflicted expression?,

For how long had she been sitting on the couch staring at it?

Why was her mother quietly murmuring to herself?,

Was there a problem?

Why was she now also staring at the fireplace with a conflicted expression?

Eager to break the awkward silence, Y/n asked timidly, as to not accidentally anger her mother, "Mom, may I ask why you called for me?".

"Oh!", her mother quietly exclaimed, she seemed to have been broken out a daze, "I didn't know you were already here."

"I called you...", she hesitated, "To tell you something, you might want to sit down for this"

Y/n settled down, on the spot next to her mother, quite curious to hear the news might be.

"You remember the Triwizard Tournament-", she cut her mother off, anxious to get it over with, " The one happening this year?" "Yes", her mother paused.

"Well....", she paused again, she never does that, this must be serious. "Well you see...", yet another hesitation. To silence the awkwardness in the air,
Y/n asked softly, "Mom, are you alright".

"Yes, yes I'm fine", said mother replied  seemily conflicted. Finally, she said still looking at odds with something, "Dumbledore asked if one of our students could..... participate..... preferably our best student".

Silence.

This time, Y/n spoke, "Dumbledore... as in headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry", "Yes. That Dumbledore", "And he asked for your best student". Her mother paused again, as if thinking of something, "Yes, precisely".

She was the best student , of course she was, was there really any other option?.Being the daughter of the head mistress of a school, even just being the daughter of an African mother, for that matter, could put a lot pressure on a child to be the best, especially in academics. So naturally..... she was the best, which meant-

"I HAVE TO GO TO THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT", she exclaimed and stood up, big mistake. Her mother gave her a look, that was enough to tell her to shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down. Quietly, this time she repeated in disbelief, "I have to go to the Triwizard Tournament".

"Yes", her mother said nonchalantly,as if she had thrown away all manner of concern for the topic, "I have decided, you must go Y/n.". Y/n wanted to scream, but she knew her mother, she would get in trouble and be forced  to the tournament.

"I-", she didn't know where to start, "There must be someone else we could send". "No.", her mother stated, again dispassionate. "A-a senior, a sixth year, someone", Y/n stuttered, scrambling  in for excuses in her head, as to not have to risk her life in a stupid tournament. 

"Y/n, you read twice what seniors read, in a year, in a week" (A/n: I am so sorry, I didn't know how to phrase this. But basically she's WAY smarter than the seniors) "You are going to participate in the tournament, whether you like it or not".

Silence.

"I could die-", Y/n said, her voice cracking from sheer disbelief.

"But you won't".

Again I'm really sorry for not publishing I kinda forgot Abt this sooooooo. ANYGAYS I hope you enjoyed this chapter

DRINK WATER. EAT FOOD. GET SOME REST

And most importantly...........

STAY HOT NERDZZZ.
Peace out.
-I.R

(Word Count: 1221 words)